1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Pat,

In answer to your gearing question.

The F5's stock gearing is: 19/40
The F7's stock gearing is: 22/41.

Specifications show no difference between the Standard & SnoPro gearing. This info is directly from my 2003 Arctic Cat Performance Manual.
Hope this helps.
-John

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by JLeosnow@Dec 11 2002, 06:34 AM
Pat,

When are you heading out to Wyoming??
-John
We are leaving 4:00 am on Dec 26th. return here on the 1st. :D

First trip i will leave it short, since i have no feel for the sled yet. But the next trips i will put a 144x2 under it.

Good times.

Pat

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I hear a lot of people talking changing both gears to get a 23/40 combination which will put the ratio at 1.74.

Has anyone tried changing the top gear only and running a 23/41? This gives a ratio of 1.78?

Stock gearing at 22/41 gives a 1.86 ratio.

Seems like a jump from 1.86 to to 1.74 is pretty drastic. I AM REALLY CURIOUS TO SEE HOW IT WORKS OUT!

PS. the best way to compare is run another consistant sled, preferably stock, and gauge the difference ie. how much you pull on him and how fast. Then change your gearing and run again.

This will give you a pretty good idea of which combination works the best.

I pesonally am leaning twords the 23/41. You'll gain more midrange/top end without sacraficing holeshot as much.

Thoughts???

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Originally posted by Fire Chicken@Dec 11 2002, 11:18 AM
Thoughts???
You could also try a 22/40, which is 1.81.

Personally I'm gonna try the 23/40 in mine, should be enough motor to pull it.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Jay, let me know ASAP how the 23/40 works out....VERY CURIOUS!!

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Originally posted by Fire Chicken@Dec 11 2002, 12:33 PM
Jay, let me know ASAP how the 23/40 works out....VERY CURIOUS!!
Gonna be at least a week and a half before I get to try it, so maybe others can help too.

·
Registered
148 Posts
You would think that the F7 should be able to pull a 22/40 gear, especially if you are running a clutch kit or V-Force reeds or more modifications. Maybe the standard track would be a better canidate because of the shorter lug ? I don't know for sure, just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
You guys are right on! 23-40 all the way! I know from a few Very FAST guys it works great! Put it in or be in the snow dust behind me! :lol:
Skydog

1 - 10 of 10 Posts