Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a ride in Herkimer Co. NY yesterday with some friends-met up with some other guys they knew and we headed out- 8 sleds in all. 2 Poo XC 800's, 1 MxzX 800, 2 Cat 600's and 3 F7's. We checked at about 70 miles and everyone thought they had enough fuel to finish the ride. One of the Cat 600's ran out of gas (he was leading and turned back several times during the day to see where everyone went) he ran out with about 100 miles on. One of his buddies with a brand spankin' new sabercat rode to the gas station to get him some gas. In the meantime we were about 1 mile down the trail and the MXZ ran out of gas with 96 miles on. The other F7 went to a nearby farm to get him gas. We finished the day with 105 hard miles and all 3 F7's had at least a couple gallons of gas left. I am tempted to siphon my tank out just to see how much is in there. It was nice not being worried about running out for a change. I think 125 miles on a tank will be no problem-by then everyone else will need fuel anyhow.

The only problem we had with one of the Firecats was this-It got pretty warm in the afternoon and one of the guys took his coat off and put it in the trunk bag. Somehow a strap came loose or broke and got caught in the track. It ripped the whole bag off and sucked it into the track, jamming it up against the front heat exchanger. We could not get the track to budge and ended up pulling the whole suspension out in the middle of the woods to get the thing unjammed. The Cat tools are junk-made in Taiwan. Luckily one of the Poo guys had a quality 9/16" wrench made in China that held up. ^_^ Do yourselves a favor and put some decent tools in that pouch.

450 miles so far total with no problems on my F7. :D

·
Registered
629 Posts
I agree with the tools. Had the Inner axle shattered and found out you could not loosen the track with the wrenches. I will have to get some sockets for the trunk. Had some one with a Poo that saved the day.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on getting a small soft side socket set also-I'm surprised everything isn't metric-I think on my ZL it is. I'll have to check. Also have to add a 5/16" allen wrench for the coupler blocks.

Why is it that the Poo guys carry better tools? Now if it were the Doo guys with a large assortment of tools I would understand. :p

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am still in the ZRT frame of mind as far as gas mileage(I traded a '97 ZRT 6 on my F7 Sabercat. I enjoy the fact that I have less weight, more power and great gas mileage.
269.7 trouble free bonus miles so far. B) My first ride is usually just after the New Year due to snow conditions.
Which strap got sucked in to the track, the velco or the plastic buckle? I just want to keep an eye on mine.
Happy Holidays

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bilbat-I'm not sure which strap got sucked in first. He was about 4 sleds in front of me and by the time I got there the whole thing was sucked in. Bag was totally destroyed but the Jacket survived with only a few holes. He crushed his nuts though.

...He had a bag of almonds in the bag also! :D

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whatever happened to "Don't ask, don't tell"? Besides I thought all you pickle sniffers rode Doo's! :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts