Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received this from Black Magic :

The new Firecat F7 vehicles have a switch to allow you to increase your fuel mixture to allow for various fuels that are currently being marketed. The switsh has a position for "Ethanol" and the other position is marked "Regular".

The Ethanol position is slightly richer and will allow you to operate your vehicle with the fuel that has ethanol to reduce emissions.

All snowmobilers need to be aware that most fuels that are produced today has ethanol in the fuel. Very few stations offer a fuel that has no ethanol at all. If the station is offering a fuel without ethanol the pump should be marked as such. These willbe stations like an Amoco,or now as BP, with the ultimate fuel in the "GOLD" pump in the non-metro areas.These pumps are to be marked with a notification that will indicate the fuel is to be used for Off road vehicles,boats,antique vehicles of some sort.

When you keep th abovein mind, it becomes apparent that most of the time you will have ethanol in your fuel. Thinking of this, you should be operating your vehicle with the switch in the ethanol position, unless you are confident the fuel you are using has no ethanol at all.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I had mine to the dealer yesterday and they told me the same thing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
In my experiences here in Vermont....the areas where snowmobiling is very prevelent.....( NE KINGDOM)....the gas pumps are marked as containing MTBE.....Ethenol. Thanks for the info though.....around here I wondered about it....but there are no postings. I guess it would be a safe bet to just run your sled in the ethanol setting.....regardless of what fuel your running.....as a rich mixture would be safer than a lean one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts