Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why is it that when you pick up the front or back of a standard firecat there is 3 to 4 inches of sag in the suspension. we all know that the sno pro has fox gas shocks and will produce a different ride but the springs on the standard should be able to hold up the sled. I have tryed tighting up the front springs and this helps {very little] but i am affraid this will cause the springs to coil bound. why didnt AC use heavier springs. I'v been told there is heavier springs available. :angry:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Both should sag. Snowpro a little less because of higher spring rate, for larger bumps and jumps. You need to lessen the preload to increase sag (less threads showing)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A little less is not 3 to4 inches. Your theory on 1/3 sag with rider dosn't add up because the sag is 3 to4 inches without rider. With rider it is 6 inches. The total travel is approx. 9 inches.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The theory is correct, the spring rate is not. I agree if the sag is 4" w/o rider. You need to increase preload, or use a spring with higher spring-rate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts