Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY GUYS ARE YOU RUNNING YOUR SLED IN ETHANOL OR REGULAR, JUST GOT MY SLED BACK YESTERDAY FROM THE DEALER,GOT ALL THE UPDATES DONE, ASK HIM TO TAKE Y PIPE OFF TO CHECK PISTONS SURE ENOUGH I SCORED THE MAG SIDE PISTON, HE SAID I SHOULD BE RUNNING IT IN ETHANOL MODE AND I THINK THATS BULLS**T , I HAD A 2000 ZR 600EFI LAST YEAR AND NEVER HAD TO RUN IT IN ETHANOL MODE. HAS ANY ONE ELSE SCORED A PISTON YET AND DID IT LOOSE A LOT OF POWER. THANKS

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Ran mine on ethanol mode 1st 200 miles just to be safe. Been 60 miles in regular mode now all in deep powder under heavy load and ran fine. I have same question--Will you see a loss of power with scuffed piston or do you have to visually inspect? Have sled in for updates now but did'nt think to ask them to inspect pistons.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TALK TO A FRIEND LAST NIGHT WHO RACES ALL THE TIME, HE SAID WITH A SCORED PISTON YOU ARE LOSING A TON OF POWER. CALLED DEALER TODAY HE SAID BRING RIGHT IN , HE IS GOING TO REPLACE THE PISTON, SHOULD HAVE IT BACK BY THURSDAY. NOW I HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN WITH THE BREAK IN.LEROD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts