Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I flew back from Minn. today to Boise with the engine designer for the F7. I asked when the F8 engine will come out. He stated that it will take a new engine as the crank on the F7 engine will not handling going to 800cc. Well it will but not to Arctic Cat Standards. He had said something about only way of getting an F8 anytime soon is to get the DandD kit when it comes out. I asked if the new engine would be out for the F8 in 05, and he smiled and wouldn't say either way. Sure wish I knew what the smile was all about.

He was coming to Idaho for the Ride reports happening in McCall this month.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
im just venturing a guess but i think 04 is the last year for a zr. it will be replaced by a Jan release F8. skidoo went all rev and has a 800 h.o. coming which i think is goin to seriously challenge the F7 if not beat it. arctic cats answer will be an F8 release just like the F6 was. cat is the king of horsepower.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Yeah problem with the 800 HO doo is that you MUST run premium in it. So if you head out of rearEnd Sask. where we run questionable fuel?? Whos' going to win?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Sure will miss the ZR chassis. Thats why I'm going to buy a leftover ZR9, or my nephew's 9. I'm not comfortable on the F- chassis. BTW, what did the engine designer have to say about all the failures this year? :p

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by catrrider600@Mar 7 2003, 08:21 AM
BTW, what did the engine designer have to say about all the failures this year? :p
He mentioned the oil injection issue, but won't go into details. Probably a CYA thing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts