Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was pounding the trails last night and the whole lighting system , including tach/speedo went out. it will flicker on and off when u jam the handle bars back and forth, wont the wont stay on. then this morning took it out during the day(light still not working)and the longer u ride it the worse it runs . its like its fouling plugs,but if u shut it off and try it latter it runs better and then gets worse.dealer doesnt have a clue and neither do i. I NEED HELP!!!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I bet you have a short some where in the wiring. IS the engine mis-firing ? is that why u thought you fowled a plug? IF so you could have a short in the kill switch wiring. Mine did last year. Every time i would hit a bump at high speeds the dam thing would shut off then a second later start running fine. ( it really sucks when this happens @ 110 mph... urg) any why check all of your wiring with a fine tooth come for shorts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that could be it have went over wiring over and over.It will only run on one cyclinder after a period of time,and get worse and worse.after letting it sit for awhile and restarting it is fine running wise(still no light)and then gets worse and worse again.its definetly a electrical problem.its not like it completely dies it just runs worse and worse.should have kept my zr!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya mine stay off and runs really rich taking it to dealer tommorow.probably get it figured out when snows melting.very frustrated!!!!would not buy it if i had to do over not worth the headache

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Hey kx139 the problem was that my secondary clutch would rub against my cables leading to my sensory box when it would open up at high speeds. My speedo went out too after my headlights did that. Take it to the dealer, you can prolly see the cable being rubbed by your secondary clutch.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I went to my dealer (not the greatest dealer) but he had no idea what to do and said just leave it and see what happens...a real big help to me...so I am going to try and move it somewhere.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
well guys, if you read more of the topics in this board, you will find out that there is a harness behind the secondary clutch that when wot is applied, making the clutch open, rubs on this harnes, sounds like ya'll have rubbed through the insulation, and the clutch is grounding out the power when in wot, check out that harness

later

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys for the info its at the dealer gettin fixed right now.ill let u know exactly what it is when there done with it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they found the problem!!!!it was the thumb warmer wires .they were routed through the steering bearing.(stupid on cats part)and were grounding out my electrical to 1.5 volts.my dealer a very good one(quality service plus in holland mich.)hooked me up installed another thumb warmerand rerouted the wires and everything is great.200 miles later and my cat is still screamin

·
Registered
629 Posts
Originally posted by kx139@Jan 8 2003, 06:23 PM
they found the problem!!!!it was the thumb warmer wires .they were routed through the steering bearing.(stupid on cats part)and were grounding out my electrical to 1.5 volts.my dealer a very good one(quality service plus in holland mich.)hooked me up installed another thumb warmerand rerouted the wires and everything is great.200 miles later and my cat is still screamin
kx

Same problem with my brothers, glad they found it, which I would of read this earlier, I could of pointed you there.

Guess what, it was the last place the dealer checked right? LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts