Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw it before, but searched and couldn't find them. Does anyone know the volatage and amps the electrical system puts out? How much does the ecu require. How much do the hand warmers and lights draw? How much is left over. I need this info asap. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
The performance manual has all the resistence and peak voltage tests in it. Its about 10 pages. I couldn't find anything that showed amps or voltage for the whole sled. It is broken down by individual components. Let me know if there is something in particular you are looking for.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm the one who was doing the heated brake lever for a project in my hs engineering class. What I pretty much need to know is how much power is left over to power this added heater. Also how much power is drawn from the other warmers. Watever you can do, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I do not have specific numbers, but many folks run heated/electric shields on their firecats. I would guess you would have enough output from the electical system. Sorry I don't know more :(

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I was looking over some old info and this is what I found:

Lighting coil output's in watts approx.

2000 rpm--80
3000 rpm--175
5000 rpm--220
7000 rpm--230
8000 rpm--235

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
There does not seem to be very much current left over - none for sure at idle. At idle my F7 tach and speedo cut out all the time and this is before I plug in my heated visor. And from what I have been reading on this site this seems to be normal !

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
I'll scan the pages in the manual when I get back. Leaving for one last trip Fri. morning. Trying to get over 2000 miles. I'll try to send it Sunday night.

·
Registered
64 Posts
ECU to the external coil volts should be as follows:
At 2000 RPM's - 154
3000 RPM's - 152 (This is not a misprint)
4000 RPM's - 156

This is from the Arctic Cat Performance Manual
Connect the black meter probe to the black coil lead and the red probe to the orange coil lead.
If sled is not running, remove spark plugs and ground them to the cylinder head and pull recoil briskly. You should get 145 volts or higher.
On the voltage regulator running at 3000 RPM's meter should be between 12.5 and 14.2. Test this by disconnecting the blue and brown wire connector from one of the center two headlights with the Multimeter set on AC. Contact the blue wire in the headlight with the red tester and the brown wire with the black lead.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts