Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running a Digatron dual display gauge on my F7 standard ever since I burnt down. I installed my probes 100mm from the piston skirt. Just thought I'd share some of my readings for fun.

2000 RPM 375 F
3000 RPM 650 F
5000 RPM 825 F
6000 RPM 1225 F I won't hold it between 5500-6500, EGT won't stop rising.

Wide Open 1050 F @ 7750-7950 RPM ( regardless of air temp, THANKS EFI)

Its can be strange, when the sled gets up around 1200 F in the midrange around 40-60 mph, it becomes very hard to cool down the EGT readings. Even burping the throttle hardly helps. Going to wide open will cool it down but burping it in around the hot midrange won't.

·
Premium Member
4,427 Posts
i have said months ago that the mid range is hot. Remember egts only establish a baseline. i see 1235 on constatant midrange runs.

1275-1300 is dentenation. in theroy. Do the some constant rideing at your highest temp, check wash and plugs. If they look good, use that # as a high end, never want to see higher.

The temps you listed are almost identical to what i see. My wash and plug look real nice. Im very happy with the mapping of my square marked ecu.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just a note, It is not unusual to see 100 to 150 additional degrees in a cruise state IE: steady thottle. The engines efficiency at this point aproaches a neutral state, no load but no decel which allows the case to evacuate all extra fuel causing temps to rise!

Remember detonation is load induced, if your temps drop during acceleration you most likely will not experience any problems! As stated before always start tuning with plug and piston reading! :div20:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Great numbers. However I am just wondering why you can run 1250 in the mids and if you try and do these temps at 7800 it will melt down? Is it due to timing???

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Who the f&^$k keeps dragging these old postrs out? :banghead:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts