Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blow by on rings. Inlet side of cylinder is quite polished, therefore need new rings. I'm waiting to see if this is warranty, and it better be because of previous oil problem. Also, rollers on primary clutch already have flat spots!!!
All this started happening just after 600 miles. Now at 1000 miles, my F7 is down 10 mph and definitly not accelerating like it use to. Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
428 Posts
there was no problem with the ecu, just more cat wanting to look at the set up and see how the sled has been run

R

·
0 Posts
Pull your pipe,and check it out. It can't hurt, while you are there clean your APVs. Mine got past by my wifes F6 on the big end, something was wrong. Bad mag side piston. :(

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
my f7 is slow now too, but my motor mounts are bent so my engine is not mounted properly and that makes my clutch allignment off, my pipe is cracked, and i have a scuff mark on my mag side piston, so i guess that is why im not as fast, when i get this fixed i will let you know if it fixed the problem.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Originally posted by biggestcat@Feb 22 2003, 04:51 PM
Also, rollers on primary clutch already have flat spots!!!
Noticed that all three of the rollers on my F7 had small flat spots as well. That was when I did an inspection around 1600 miles or so. Haven't seemed to get any worse, so I haven't changed them yet. Don't know how they got there in the first place??? -- Roy

·
Registered
485 Posts
:angry: Hey Spence log out, please , there must be something else constructive you can do rather than bash .Monday morning demand to talk to your area rep and demand a loaner sled . Until then give it a rest.

·
Registered
191 Posts
since the oil pump update I have seemed to loose alittle top end also! "leaner is meaner" but If more oil is going to save my piston, then so be it! ;)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got approx.5mph more again from putting in new primary clutch spring!!!
Just waiting for primary clutch rollers now, and word from Cat about if they'er going to warranty my rings' blow-by.
New I was getting 110-112mph
Before new prim clutch spring 100-101
Now, with new primary spring 105.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Spenc, shut your hole. I believe everyone is tired of hearing it from you. Why don't you piss and moan to your dealer, someone who can FIX your problems.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hmmm....Mine USED TO break 110 NO-PROBLEM. Now that I got 1500 Miles on it, If it breaks 105mph I would get EXCITED :blink: What is up with these?

rob, expand on the ECU problem a little, would ya?

With all the BS I had to put up with, I would like to hear your thoughts on this. When I spoke to my dealer about the re-programming, they called cat (they said) and cat said there was nothing to it. Well, I have a funny feelin that my ECU was REPLACED or REPROGRAMMED to be slightly retarted (to match the rest of the sled) and that is why the performance is down. I think the top end has been"Adjusted" a little.

I was at Lake Winnepesaukee last weekend and had it to the BARS for about 2 miles or more, and at 105mph....it just stayed there. PERFECT RUNNING COINDITIONS, and 105mph....COME ON. When I had my conversation with CAT back in December, they were calling for 115mph+ :rolleyes: I had actually bought into it at that point. Now, ask me again.

SPENCE....I AGREE 100% with you. For 8K you should have a little more reliable sled than what you got. How about talkin to CAT about taking it back on another UNIT. Maybe you should either get another F7, or just bite the bullet & get a ZR900 :D At least those are a strong runner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by BlackSaber7@Feb 24 2003, 09:00 AM
Hmmm....Mine USED TO break 110 NO-PROBLEM. Now that I got 1500 Miles on it, If it breaks 105mph I would get EXCITED :blink: What is up with these?

rob, expand on the ECU problem a little, would ya?

With all the BS I had to put up with, I would like to hear your thoughts on this. When I spoke to my dealer about the re-programming, they called cat (they said) and cat said there was nothing to it. Well, I have a funny feelin that my ECU was REPLACED or REPROGRAMMED to be slightly retarted (to match the rest of the sled) and that is why the performance is down. I think the top end has been"Adjusted" a little.

I was at Lake Winnepesaukee last weekend and had it to the BARS for about 2 miles or more, and at 105mph....it just stayed there. PERFECT RUNNING COINDITIONS, and 105mph....COME ON. When I had my conversation with CAT back in December, they were calling for 115mph+ :rolleyes: I had actually bought into it at that point. Now, ask me again.

SPENCE....I AGREE 100% with you. For 8K you should have a little more reliable sled than what you got. How about talkin to CAT about taking it back on another UNIT. Maybe you should either get another F7, or just bite the bullet & get a ZR900 :D At least those are a strong runner.
i have nothing to expand on because i don't know any more about this issue than you do..

i'd be happy to get 105... :(

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Originally posted by BlackSaber7@Feb 24 2003, 08:00 AM
I'd be willing to bet that your throttle and powervalve cables are streched and out of spec.Make sure your getting WOT at the throttle bodies and readjust the cables,you'd be suprised.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Originally posted by rob@Feb 24 2003, 09:08 AM
i have nothing to expand on because i don't know any more about this issue than you do..

i'd be happy to get 105... :(
Rob--have you noticed a major loss in performance?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts