Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past Friday I was out riding and it was very cold. (-30) My eyeballs were freezing up!! Anyways, my brother-in-laws F7 and mine would both cut out all night. Our machines ran fine for a couple of trips before this one. Once Sunday arrived and the temperature warmed up a bit both of our machines ran great. I asked my dealer about the safety switch problem that Cat has had on many sleds and he said that since it has EFI that it wouldn't have this problem. Is this correct? Has anyone else had this problem in really cold weather? Could there be a chip for the EFI that has to be changed for very cold weather kind of like when people change their jets for different conditions?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I checked my smart valve and there was no ice build up on it. I never tried the ethanol mode. I don't think the problem was water in the tank though. Does anyone know if there is a chip for the EFI that might need to be changed in very cold riding conditions?

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Originally posted by greenrider@Jan 21 2003, 07:04 PM
I checked my smart valve and there was no ice build up on it.
Just because there was no ice on the Smart Valve does not necessarily mean its not causing the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts