Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer said he had 2 prices, for a clean deal and trade in. I traded a 2000 Millennium Edition MXZ700 in for $4269 and he sold me the std team F7 for $7729. I paid a difference of ~3600 and freight $140. I thought it was a good deal initially since my doo dealer was going to give me $4100 for the trade. I see what others are paying and I am getting pissed. I would appreciate any constructive input.:angry:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Is that American or Canadian?

I coulda got a clean deal F7 for 6900, but got the F5 instead, cheaper insurance for 5900

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
American, don't rub it in :lol:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I think you kinda got bent a little bit on the retail price of the F7, but it's a retail to retail, wholesale to wholesale deal, pretty much like buying a new vehicle. Be glad you were able to get an F7!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
otd f7 is 7136.89. hum.. u got a little ripped off on the deal. Dealers never want to give u a fair price on trade in.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Sounds about average. I would not worry about it. I paid $8250 OTD for my Team SP. One thing you did screw up on is that you didin't get a free F7 hat like I did. :D

·
Registered
827 Posts
my f-7 sno pro was 7,699 they gave me 2,200 trade in for 98 f lll 700 tripple with 2,000 miles got taken on the trade but got my f-7, bought the dew from a buddy who needed cash thought i would try it, doo's, suck they handle like school busses,cats are the only sled for me,,,mike :blink: :blink:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Its the same old numbers game. He showed you more on your trade, so it looked good compared to the fair price from your doo dealer, and then bumped up the price on the new sled.

This happens all the time in the automotive industry. Best thing to do is first, get the best deal you can on a new sled. And then when you have a price, ask what you can get for the old one.

Works the same way with cars and trucks.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input ;)

·
Registered
242 Posts
$ 7100 OTD (Black F7 sabrecat snopro) I was the first to order from my dealer so I think I got a good price. No extras but he did give me 20% off all of my accessories.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I traded in a 2001 zrt 600 and had to pay 3,800.00 to boot. I got the standard F7. That price did include 156 gold diggers installed, cover, belt, gallon of oil, 2 plugs, 8" woody's carbides installed, title, tax and license. I think I did pretty good! B)
Bulldog

·
Registered
841 Posts
I traded in my 03 900 for my F7 sp and paid 2500 tax in difference (canadian) ........I buy new every year and sometimes twice depending on what the early release sled is.>>>> Did I mention my F7 has teeth and flames......this is the first sled in a long time that has me this pumped>>>>I love my F7 saber :wub:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just depends what #s you want to see. Wholesale for wholesale or retail for retail. The dealer is in business to make money... right. There isn't any law that says he can only make a certain amount when selling a sled. Dealers have cost that they have to pay for too. As long as the paper work is legit don't worry.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I had a 98 ZRT and the trade in price for an F7 was 7,799. Clean sale for the F7 was 6,800, so guess what I did? I sold the ZRT for a few hundred dollars less than market value and sold it in two days and saved myself 1,000 in the end. It worked out great for the guy that bought mine because he got a deal and it worked great for me and I was able to buy my fircat the second week in Oct.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I traded back in March, so trade in was at retail value for me to sell, so I thoughgt it was an ok deal

·
Registered
46 Posts
Tradedin 600ZRT 1997, --recieved $2,000.00 for trade in value (had 5,200 miles) Paid $7,200.00 for F-7, leaves me with $5,200.00 to pay. Not too bad?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I traded my O2 800 efi for my F-7 sno pro back in march for $1100 but i trade every year so he treats me a little better. I also get 20% off clothing and accessories. I deal with Zeke at Storm Lake Honda in Iowa (excellent dealer) Cat Fever

·
Registered
629 Posts
F7 Green Pat, SP $7599 plus tax, no trade in. But this also included the High altitude kit.

·
Registered
53 Posts
knock knock...

Too many variables to compare for out the door prices. What is everyone's state sales tax. I have worked @ dealers in other states that charge 13.5% state/town tax. In MN it's 6.5%. Most dealers here in the midwest make about 5-8% on the sale of a sled or atv. Then they don't charge set up...take that in the mix and they aren't making a lot. Now trade a sled in and keep in mind how flooded the market is. Hope they can get rid of it the same year or they have to store it too. Be glad you can find a dealer who will trade to begin with. lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts