Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Let's start with the front of the sled and move to the back,
New dual runner carbides
New Primary clutch
Relocated ignition coil(mounted by steering post)
More sound insulation on clutch guard and bellypan(clutch side)
New design coolant bottle
brighter lighting on speedo/tach
Rider position slightly higher(more like the ZR) and seat foam softer
9 inch drivers instead of 10 inch
improved design for the track- quieter
improved design on coupler blocks - couple quicker(check out the early release F6- .125" thick plate welded on back side of scissor arm)

I think thats it, for now. Specifications can change at anytime. Oh, how true. If you are like me. I really liked the 2003 F7. The 2004 is going to
be even better! I can't wait!

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,042 Posts
Just to name a few, feel free to add more
1. Thicker coupler blocks
2. Different rear cooler
3. Track has more rubber for smoother operation
4. spring and shock calibration changes?
5. 9 tooth drivers instead of 10
6. different rail angle to match 9 tooth driver
7. coil has been moved and attached to steering post area
8. New style clutch with dampers on 700 cc on up
9. extending black plastic from tail light area forward under seat

·
Registered
747 Posts
I also heard white face gauges and possibly the electronic gas gauge.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any changes to the seat? I found on my test ride I wanted to wear a jock...I kept getting forced forward heading toward a very large gas cap :)= Very impressed with the 03. Blew a 800 Rev, xc, and mx off the lake. Loved it on the trail and in the bumps.

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,042 Posts
Originally posted by favarcat@Mar 18 2003, 03:42 PM
This I believe is only on the 4 stroke.

The new guage on the F7 will 5 times brighter.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I read x-link on snopros. Look at pamphlet we got in mail. Nightfire has x-link suspension in that picture. I could be mistaken, just take a look. As well, it says so on their website.

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,042 Posts
Originally posted by Doze00F7@Mar 18 2003, 04:19 PM
I read x-link on snopros. Look at pamphlet we got in mail. Nightfire has x-link suspension in that picture. I could be mistaken, just take a look. As well, it says so on their website.
All I notice in the photo is the Nightfire does not have coupler blocks.

None of the sno pro's at the show had coupler blocks, but the standard's did.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Originally posted by fast 600+Mar 18 2003, 04:15 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-favarcat
@Mar 18 2003, 03:42 PM
This I believe is only on the 4 stroke.

The new guage on the F7 will 5 times brighter. [/b]
I know the 4-strokes for sure, but my dealer just had their show last night and he said they might also be on the firecats. Just got a price today for trading my zl800ss for an F7. Was going to get the F6, but for 300 bucks more I decided on the 700. Just have to decide on the ext or not. I know it will ride better, but I'm not sure of the handling in the tight twisty trails.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just have to decide on the ext or not. I know it will ride better, but I'm not sure of the handling in the tight twisty trails.[/b]
American Snowmobiler talks about this on page 16 Spring 2003 :)=
Any comments on seat slide as stated above :)=

Thanx

·
Registered
670 Posts
I was at the AC Snow Show in Oconomowoc, WI last night and noticed the F-Cats have a smaller gas cap and opening than my '03 F7. I also sat on the sleds and did not notice too much of a difference from the cockpit, ie seat height, bar positioning. The team arctic F7 hood they had looked good but the graphics were not placed well and were bubbled. The nightfire is pretty darn cool looking.

·
Registered
738 Posts
fast 600 check the rails again, is that a slide rail or what is that?? I'm not sure just trying to find out for myself! Thanks

·
Registered
374 Posts
Doze00F7,

Joey Hallstrom from AC was at the show I went to and he said there was NO cross-link. He indicated that the cross-link was too high maintenance. The reason it came up was because the F7 at the show had the cross-link installed.

AC can change their mind before production but I doubt it in this case. Hallstrom never hesitated when he said no to the cross-link.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Originally posted by cummins@Mar 19 2003, 08:26 AM
Just have to decide on the ext or not. I know it will ride better, but I'm not sure of the handling in the tight twisty trails.
American Snowmobiler talks about this on page 16 Spring 2003 :)=
Any comments on seat slide as stated above :)=

Thanx [/b][/quote]
The only mag I get now is SnowTech. But what did AmSnow say about the 144" ? :) Still trying to decide.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just have to decide on the ext or not. I know it will ride better, but I'm not sure of the handling in the tight twisty trails. 

American Snowmobiler talks about this on page 16 Spring 2003 :)=[/b]
They stated it was not a powder sled for deep powder purist. But is for sledder who want increased trail comfort and increase powder use over a standard firecat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
favarcat, food for thought, I work a dealer, and installed a 144" kit on a F7 earlier at the beginning of the season. The customer hated it in the twisty trails. he liked it in the deep snow, but you know how the ice builds up on the running boards of a F7, it is 10 times as bad on the ext tunnel. Our dealer had pictures of the ice build-up, cat wanted to see them to try a fix, but i dont know if they came up with one or not, i don't see any difference in the tunnel design. We were on of the first to install the kit. after seeing the results i wouldn't own one. the customer also is going to change it back.( a waste of 1800.00)

Also for another change - they made the heat exchanger different to flow 5 times as much as they did. Maybe thats the reason for burn downs? do you think! I know they had us perform flow test on the sleds that burnt down.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts