Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go, I had 230 miles on my F7 with zero problems and went north to go riding. 15 miles into the trip on a lake at 94mph it quit!!! Towed it back to a dealer they took it apart and found a left cylinder with an overheat/burndown. I said greeeeaaaat what now, they said they would call Cat Monday morning. Cat said it had an air bubble which was stuck in the rear heat exchanger of the coolant system that let loose after that many miles. Well I guess it was not burped the correct way. The scary part for me is I watched the coolant level like a hawk and it was fine for the whole 230 miles and then goodnight Irene!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry to hear, I had the same problem 296 miles and the mag side seized. They said the air pocket finally move to the cylinder. I've put over 1000 miles since the burn down with no problems with the engine (waiting for a sway bar)

Dan E...

·
Registered
12 Posts
last weekend my f7 burned down dealer put in new piston and cylinder. this weekend today rebroke in ran fine untill after 60 miles ran rich, bogged alot, at 105 milesof the run it burned down was going 60 mph. this makes 2 pistons in 7 days...... :angry: :wacko:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts