Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok just got my new red f7 how do i mix the premix for breakin. how much do i use? beleive it or not the dealer said dont worry about doin the premix breakin but i dont know. any help welcome. also is there a away to check vins to see what updates mine has had? also, what procedure should i use to make sure that the coolant is circulating properly?

·
Registered
280 Posts
My dealer said that the F7 shouldn't have premix because of the EFI. What dose the manual say?
Regarding the coolant, i just feel the "footstand" after some driving to see if the coolant circulates ok, the right hand side should be a litle cooler.
There is a good description howe to blead the cooler on this site 16 steps, if you feel that it's necessary.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a breakin weekend that went well!!

Started with filling gas tank with six gallons of gas from pump then tossed 8 oz of apv oil and topped off gas and another 8 oz of apv oil.
Opened hood and took a marker and marked the coolant level and started sled until exchangers were warm and coolant system swallowed the coolant for about 5-10 minutes with some throttle variations on a stand of course. Then turned sled off and waited for coolant to rise into resovoir and was on the mark i had made. May sound simple and untrue but did this with two f7s and had awsome experience with sled on my own i put 250 mile on in my breakin period and had no problems same with brothers sled. :wub:

Ride until you sneeze green!!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by greenjacketf7@Dec 29 2002, 09:13 AM
Opened hood and took a marker and marked the coolant level and started sled until exchangers were warm and coolant system swallowed the coolant for about 5-10 minutes with some throttle variations on a stand of course. Then turned sled off and waited for coolant to rise into resovoir and was on the mark i had made.
greenjacketf7,

Hmmm, that's the opposite of what you should be seeing happen in your coolant bottle. When your sled gets up to operating temp, the coolant level should rise and when engine is cooled off, the coolant level should drop back down to the marked level ...
-John

·
Registered
44 Posts
Jlo you are correct i was refering to initial start up first time runnings should draw coolant from res. System is now operating like normal and no lose of coolant or bubbles present.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts