Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST GOT BACK FROM MICH TODAY.I HAVE A F7 SNO-PRO GREAT SLED LOTS OF POWER.WAS BREAKING THE SLED IN BY THE BOOK AND HAD AROUND 50 MILES ON IT WHEN IT DIED OUT.I WAS DRIVING AROUND 50 TO 65 MPH FOR A LITTLE BIT THEN THE SLED JUST DIED BUT THE MOTOR DIED BY MAKING A WEEZING NOISE LIKE I SPUN A BEARING OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT, IT DID THIS TWICE , THEN IT TOOK ME SEVERAL TIMES TO GET IT STARTED. AFTER THE SECOND TIME IT RUNS FINE NOW AND I PROCEEDED TO GET 120 MILES ON IT.HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYBODYS SLED YET. OH YEA AND MY GAS TANK WAS FULL. THANKS LEO

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
I still believe, no proof(well recall good enough), the smart valves, need more education :lol:

The sound was the fuel pump running out of fuel...the valve stuck, then unstuck and on your way...I would do something about the valve or get the new one soon, before you go out again.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
i put a reply on another post asking what does this valve do and got no answer! does anyone know how it works

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
only thing drilling a small hole in it is going to do is let the valve relese after the pump stops sucking fuel after the sled has gone lean and died! damage has been done/ drilling the hole will not save your engine!!! it will just relese the valve once the engine has died!!!

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
actually, the hole will help not let the valve get stuck to begin with...so it will help prevent the close off...but not completely eliminate the valves complete use...just a little bleed off.

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
oh, for real...its so if the tank is low, then you go up a hill it will draw from the rear valve, down a hill, from the front...so it won't suck air...I think another big deal, is not having a return line to the gas tank...that is why I think some of these problems started with.. to eliminate that , it causes a full time fuel pressure, with no relief??

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Mine made the same noise when it died, It did start again but I knew it was hurting, Turned out that I got a new piston and cylinder out of the deal, Just to be sure remove the Y-Pipe and take a peak to see if the piston is scored.
Let us know

Thanks

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
THANKYOU ? geese hope i dident upset you with that!!!! thats all i wanted to know two days ago . not sure what you ment by the comment .......o for real!!!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
ok i just wasent sure :lol: . i do like your comment on a return line ? i wonder why they dont do that like a fuel system on a automobile? iv'e never heard of a auto needing a new smart valve :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Guys a few more days and we all will have the new one from are dealers!! And this will be wayyyyyy in the past!

Skydog :lol:

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
ya let's hope so but ya know i would give up my new smart valve for some SNOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW !!!!! it would get me off this dam computer

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey guys thanks for the info, going out tommorrow to put some more miles on , I'll take the y pipe off to check the piston.Talk to you tommorrow night , once again thanks. leo

·
Registered
334 Posts
Dan, my dealer does not have new one in yet. I drilled hole in second smart valve. Is there a fuel filter in the line somewhere, or was that the reason for the screen on the smart valves? Will I be sucking any crap in through the small hole I drilled in the back.

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
did you drill under the filter...or outside..back
I would of popped the filter off and did it under there.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Dan, I drilled through the oppisite side of the screen side, through the back and under the screen. Black plastic about half way out the radius, I did not drill through the screen. When the 1/8 hole was made the valve itself popped out as it was stuck shut.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts