Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 200 miles, belt started slipping, to the point I had to replace it. Put new belt no problem. We had been riding in 2 1/2 to 3 foot of wet snow, riding hard wonder if that is the cause. It is at the dealer now for a check up.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I remember I used to have a 99 Polaris SKS700 and It was stock. I went sledding in 3 feet of deep wet snow and cooked 2 belts in an afternoon..........well they were slipping so bad my primary had an 1/8th of an inch of rubber baked on it.......well not an 8th but it was ugly.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be interesting what the dealer says. There wasn't a lot of rubber on the clutches, but they sure were very hot. The sides of the belt were polished up pretty good. didnn't have problems with the new belt on though.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
earl,
was there any excesive belt dust in the pan area before you changed belts? the reason im asking this is that i swore my belt was slipping the last time i rode mine (f-5) . im at the 500 mile mark , and it felt like the motor was reving but i was not going as fast as i should have been . i did take a quick peek at the belt area but did not notice any belt dust, so i figured maybe i was dreaming it or something , but now maybe i was not dreaming,lol. this all happened after i raced an mxz 800 up a twisty road and then the feeling would come and go during the rest of the weekend . any excessive belt dust or do you have an idea what it felt like? thanks !

·
Registered
593 Posts
I had the same problem with mine it was because of belt deflection. Took a shim out of the secondary(large one) cleaned up thge belt dust and there hasen't been any since.

·
Registered
4 Posts
you guys DID do the standard 'cleanup the sheaves with scotchbrite' routine, right? <_< IF not, try it on all the clutch faces. ^_^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts