Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know of a way to reduce the oil consumption of the f7 it drinks the oil? i heard of installing a inline fuelv restrictor? yes or no :help:

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
yea gotta adjust the oil pump.. also check to make sure that the connecting rod from the oil pimp to the throttle assembly didnt pop off... mine did that once this past winter and no matter how much gas i was giving it.. it would be runnin at full open on the oil pump

·
Registered
303 Posts
Just turn the oil pump down 2 turns then ride it. Check your plugs. If they look too white than you need to add a turn. If still black with oil. turn it one more. Make sure you ride it after each time. You don't want to go to many turns and then you know what will happen. BOOM!

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Just turn the oil pump down 2 turns then ride it. Check your plugs. If they look too white than you need to add a turn. If still black with oil. turn it one more. Make sure you ride it after each time. You don't want to go to many turns and then you know what will happen. BOOM![/b]
Please don't do it that way.

Do it this way:
1. Fill gas and oil to top.
2. Ride 100 "normal miles"
3. Re-fill gas and oil and measure quantities.
4. Multiply gallons of gas by 128
5. Multiply quarts of oil by 32
6. Now you have both quantities in ounces.
7. Divide gas / oil
8. Hopefully you are close to 50
9. Each turn of the oil pump rod is ABOUT 8:1.

Amen

G

·
Originally posted by cmscat50@Sep 9 2005, 10:55 AM
Please don't do it that way. 

Do it this way:
1.  Fill gas and oil to top.
2.  Ride 100 "normal miles"
3.  Re-fill gas and oil and measure quantities.
4.  Multiply gallons of gas by 128
5.  Multiply quarts of oil by 32
6.  Now you have both quantities in ounces.
7.  Divide gas / oil
8.  Hopefully you are close to 50
9.  Each turn of the oil pump rod is ABOUT 8:1. 

Amen
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=867283
[/quote]

I did this last year and started off about 20:1, by the time I was done adjusting the best I had was 25:1. super pig rich. time to take it back to the dealer...... most of my problem is too much oil at idle. fowls me plugs worse than week old seafood.....

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by revkev6@Sep 9 2005, 01:45 PM
I did this last year and started off about 20:1, by the time I was done adjusting the best I had was 25:1. super pig rich. time to take it back to the dealer......  most of my problem is too much oil at idle. fowls me plugs worse than week old seafood.....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=867532
[/quote]

sounds like you need a new pump like me.

·
Registered
20,649 Posts
yeah my sled starts using an boat load of oil when the pump gose out. I am putting in another pump in it this fall.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have an 04 F6 EFI and I also use a ton of oil, when you guys say turn it down 2or3 what are you turning down and where? I have checked my pump boss and at idle and wot the lines line up perfect. Also my plugs are very black and oily.so how do I lean it down. :banghead:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Mine was about 30:1. I turned it a turn (making the rod longer) and was then even worse. Dealer supposedly turned it two turns and still black as night and considerable carbon build up after 100 miles. At summerization they said they turned it two more turns, so we will see. Maybe my oil pump is shot. Interesting to note is I had an air bubble in the line when I first got it, and probably went through 5 to 6 heat cycles on a stand this way. Maybe 20 mins of running. Maybe that screwwed up my pump?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
My 03 had the opposite problem of hardly using any oil (was close to 80:1). I had to richen the pump two turns to get it to burn more oil. Now I'm closer to 60:1.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Originally posted by zr8000@Sep 14 2005, 03:09 PM
How in the world can you see your emboss marks?  I can't see them, even with a mirror?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=874856
[/quote]
I think there is another thread with detailed info on this topic. Ignore the marks and measure your actual oil consumption. You need to pull the bottom pan off the sled in order to access the oil pump and make any adjustments.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts