Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the new F7 out the other day for the second time. Took my 99 Polaris 700 XCSP also. Ran about 1/4 to 1/2 mile on my favorite straight away. In the middle is a marker post. When I reached the post on the F7 the speedo read 65 Mph, top end was 87Mph. The Polaris on the other hand read 77Mph and 102Mph at the end of the run. So please, tell me again how you guys are smoking 800XCSP on stock machines????? Their must be something wrong with my cat!

I'm adding Simmons Flexi-ski's with 2 cutting edges and an Iso-vibe. The stock ski's really SUCK! I do like the tank bag and the new rear bag is in. I'm still waiting on the Fuel gauge.

When adding the temp gauge make sure it clears the light housing. I'll post pictures later when I'm done accessorizing.

Thaigon

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
the Simmons Flexi-ski's will probably slow you down a bit and I have heard they suck at fast speeds on hard pack, something about the wind under the ski or something.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I haven't had a problem with my F7 but a guy I know had his doing just 85 mph too. They finally figured out that 1 of the power valves was unpluged. So look there for starters. By the way, my F7 beats up on my buddy's new 800 X edge. Pretty close but mine has a little more top end. ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
That is odd that your top end is 87mph....I have had mine read 106 on several occassions....It's a stock standard with 153 studs...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Going to check the power valve. Any other ideas guys? Thanks for all the help. My father uses Simmons flex-ski on his 700 edge and let me tell you nothing slows Gary Rocket down! LOL But thanks for the ski tip. (No pun intended.) I have drove his sled and like the ski performance.

Thaigon

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have an F7 Sno-Pro. On GPS I hit 83 about a month ago. It was raining that day and I couldnt see so I wasnt pushing it all out. I have since got a GPS reading that I was surprised by and would like to shoot for again possibly with radar to help confirm it. I dont look at the speedo above 65 mph and wouldnt trust it as the track might be spinning anyway. I have used my GPS while driving my truck at 65 mph and the GPS was within 1-2 mph of that. So I think GPS is accurate. This past saturday night I was riding with a friend. He was on my ZR 600. I opened it up in this field and left him back a ways. That was the fastest run on the ride. Later at a restaurant I checked the GPS and it said 124 mph max. I am sure I broke 100, but that 124 I am not so sure of. He said he was trying to stay with me but only got about 80-90 mph, and said that I just disappeared across the field. He thinks that if might be accurate. I am skeptical so now Iwant to try again and have more than once source for confirmation purposes. So what do you all think? Is it possible? Has anyone else had any high speed runs on GPS? not sure how long the field was .......I would say maybe 1/2 mile or longer. Not sure......have to go back and use the GPS to measure it......if its accurate enough.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have to tell you guys I had perfect conditions for this run. It was groomed hardpack with a 1/2" of new snow. I made 3 runs all with the same reading, give or take 1-2Mph!

Thaigon

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
GF7, I have had the Simmons on my ZR800 my F7 and my MXZX800, They are great for high speed trail riding, The only down fall I have found with the Simmons is the price tag.

S

·
0 Posts
am i just reading this thread wrong ??? 109 top end? F7's do 120+ with 170 studs up the middle. Where are you getting the wimpy 109 reading from?

again.. I must be reading this wrong... F7's kick a$$

·
Registered
348 Posts
My F7 sp went 99 on a small little pond and had more in it. I'd have it checked out. My 440 Panther will do 75!

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Finally had the straight away to open mine up. I hit 105 and she was still climing. I had to let off. Feltt like I was flying. What a rush !!!

·
Registered
899 Posts
102 mph on f7 sp. we stopped racing just as top end was climbing. still havent wound it out and dont no if i have the cajones to do it!

·
Registered
588 Posts
ran 112 about a week ago on my lake, ran out of lake still had more top end :D , this sled comes out of the hole like a rocket ship, 170 woodys studs, vforce3 reeds and running 87 octane, the simmonds skis are nice just a little to expensive

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
am i just reading this thread wrong ??? 109 top end? F7's do 120+ with 170 studs up the middle. Where are you getting the wimpy 109 reading from?

again.. I must be reading this wrong... F7's kick a$$

Spence2U-I said 109 is what I have seen. The sled had more in it but I ran out of room. Since then I have had plenty of time to open 'er up for a true top end reading but I don't have to. I know it's got balls and I haven't raced a sled yet where I had to do more than that to win. (And yes, I finally raced a ZR 9 last weekend, but he wasn't studded). I was just commenting that 87 MPH for top end was definitely not right. 120+? That's the theoretical top speed-I don't think to many guys are seeing that. Mid teens is more like it-although I'm sure under the right conditions some guys might get a glimpse of 120 Mph.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Take all the extra stuff you put on there, temp, fuel gauge, bags....sounds like a touring machine...lol

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Originally posted by Thaigon@Feb 13 2003, 01:18 AM
Going to check the power valve. Any other ideas guys? Thanks for all the help. My father uses Simmons flex-ski on his 700 edge and let me tell you nothing slows Gary Rocket down! LOL But thanks for the ski tip. (No pun intended.) I have drove his sled and like the ski performance.

Thaigon
I have Simmonds on 7 you'll love em! Won my class at local radar run, didn't slow me down!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts