Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think im going to be ordering a f6 and i was wondering if i should get snoprp or trail. i will be doing all trail riding so i think i should get the trail. dose anybody know the diffferences between the 2.

·
Registered
146 Posts
if you're trail riding, definately get the regular not the sno-pro!!!

No comparison for trail riding!!!

Ridden them both and I own a F7 sno-pro, but if you just trail ride the
regular one is the one you want. I rides better and corners better, and
on the trail the 1" track is more than enough.

You can play around with the sno-pro suspension and make it trail
fairly well, but the regular one comes ready for trail riding, no messing
around!!!

Dallas

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am planning on ordering the new F6 and came across the same dilemma, sno-pro or regular suspension. From the research/info I found on this site, the Sno- pro suspension requires a significantly greater amount of maintenance. The rear shocks are constantly in need of attention, proportional of course to degree of riding, and are quite costly from what others have posted. I am speaking from what others have posted on this and other sites. Then there is naturally a stiffer ride. That is my .02. Hope this helps and good luck with the sled. ;)

·
Banned
135 Posts
Buy the trail version and if it isn't stiff enough add the 20% kit when you rebuild the shocks. I'm 280 and ride fairly hard and it works fine for me.

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
After riding a regular F-7 a fair bit this weekend I would say order the sno pro as its a bit on the soft side and definately needs the deeper track for any sort of decent traction in loose and or wet soft snow.

Rick.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I would say that its less where you ride and more how you ride. If you like to stand up and play and have more low end hook up get a snopro. If you like to rail around corners the shorter track is better. If you pound the bumps get a snopro. If you want a better ride get a standard or a Sabrecat. JMO! :)

·
Registered
851 Posts
I had a Sno Pro F7. I'm getting a F6 standard and swapping the 1" lug track for the 1 3/8" lug. So, if anyone would like to buy/or trade my 1" track for a new 1 3/8" lug, let me know.
The 2004 Sno Pro rear suspension does not come with the cross-link. Reservoir shocks, only. There is a brighter light in the tach/speedo, duelly carbide runners, 9" drivers, new primary clutch, improved quieter track, new design coupler blocks, ignition coil mounted by the steering post, more sound insulation on the clutch cover and bellypan, and different profile rails. I think that is everything. I will check the notes from the dealer meetings.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well to be honest im not getting one but my dad is going to be buying it for me. hes says a f7 would be too much for a 14 year old which maybe it is. but now that we started riding up in new york r macines arent good enough for new york i have a zl 550 and he has a 600 sxr hes thinking about a rev. by next year my zl is going to be worth next to nothing and with acs no no no down thing he is considering buying me 1

1 - 17 of 17 Posts