Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After just 10 miles into my ride on Sat.,I blew an upper idler wheel on my F7. Limped back to my trailer, called my dealer and brought it up. Being the great dealer they are, they immediately started working on my sled. Anyway, while I was waiting he asked me if I wanted to try the demo F6. Since I had all my gear I didn't hesitate to say YES!!
Let me tell you this sled really rocks! It's got some real potent power for 118hp. My dealer says it will stay with an F7 off the line up to about 70mph and I believe him. If you have an opportunity to try one, do so. You'll be amazed with what Cat has done with this one. I'm only wondering now if the '04 F7's will be more potent than the '03's. jv :wub:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yep, I'll second that. I was very impressed with the f6 that I raced. It hung right with my f7 to about 70-80 mph before the f7 pulled away.

If I was to get an 04, that f6 would be my choice. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
That is reassuring! I was starting to think these F6s weren't all they were cracked up to be. I think I am gonna buy one now. :D :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Originally posted by barahk@Mar 3 2003, 10:24 PM
f6 will pull away from 02zr800, seen it and done it :p
my uncle keeps saying he wants to wait for F9s, if I beat him on an F6 man I will be smiling for weeks :)(he has a 2002 ZR 800). But he claims he was beating F7s on the lake. He has reeds, clutching, pipes, and air box modded so I wouldn't doubt it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Excuse me asking if this has been answered already:

1. Is the F6 motor based on the F7's? Or is it a punched 5? From what I remember about the current
600's in Cats lineup, my concern was their relatively horrible fuel economy and lazy power.

From what's posted here, I ASSUME the F6 motor is based on the F7. Am I correct? And for those of you
that either have one or put enough miles on one to tell, how is the mileage? Hard to shun the F7 given
its power AND terrific fuel economy.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Yes, this sled rocks :D :D :D

As for the fuel economy, my initial reaction is that it's not that great. I will pay closer attention and report back after the weekend. At one pojt on a trip it seemed like I was getting fuel more than others, but that may just have been because I had the opportunity and you never now how far til the next fill up.

·
Registered
196 Posts
frostbit, my understanding is that the f6 motor is based off the f7 motor. From what I seen I don't think you'd be disappointed! As for fuel economy, I haven't drove one, but I would guess that it should be decent. Maybe mrand can post what he's getting?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
FUEL ECONOMY DEPENDS ON YOUR RIDE STYLE,
IF YOU HAVE A F-6 AND RUN 75 - 90 MPH ALL DAY, IT WILL BURN MORE FUEL THAN THE F-7 AT THOSE SPEEDS, IT HAS TO WORK HARDER TO ACHIEVE THIS!
MY BUDDY HAS A 2002 600 XC SP POLARIS, AND HE GOES THROUGH MORE FUEL THAN ANY OF US,
HES WIDE OPEN ALL THE TIME TO KEEP UP!

·
Registered
406 Posts
I am glad to here that the F6 can keep up with the F7 till about 70-80. Because that means when i get an F6 I can keep up with my brother on his F7

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have hear it all now AGAIN, AN F6 out ran a ZR8 what a joke, maybe in 300'. I cant believ the B.S. on the site. Like I have sayed in the PAST will have to wait and see for my self. Just like all the F7s out running ZR9s in a mile run. WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE ON? I WANT SOME.

·
Registered
978 Posts
does neone notice that the higher the speed the better the fuel economy??? on any sled????

so close to gettin an f6... mabe tommorow....or im ordering one

1 - 15 of 15 Posts