Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to my dealer today and they will be getting one of the F6's in next week, I will take a pic and post when it comes in. MY F7 is in for the sway bar and I am gonna have it studded as long as it is in there..

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think I remember you mentioning it came apart while riding, what are the specifics, rough trail, jumpin?.......

BIGCATF7

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bar is press fitted into the ends, the right side just pulled out. It happened on the first day of my riding up in Houghton, The first five miles leaving town were a bitch. 2 footers on the trail, I was up riding with 4 other guys and I pinned it across the rough stuff and she just flew across the tops of the bumps. I was impressed with how well it handled the nasties. I didn't notice the sway bar had come apart till we stopped to get gas and lunch. My buddy riding a viper noticed it. :angry: Had to be someone other than a fellow cat rider, The rest of the trip all I heard was what else is going to fall off of that firecat.. I told the guys I was just making it lighter to get back to the 435 that cat promised me... :D I called my dealer from Houghton and he was going to drop ship a new sway bar to me right to the Hotel, I told him to wait and have a new one in stock when I got back home, It is at the dealer now getting it put on and studs. I wished I would have upgraded to the heavier sway bar. I put my spring blocks back to #2 as the back end was just too stiff. Coupler blocks still at #2 also. I found out that one 9/16 inch wrench does you no good on the trail, I had to take the other one out of my zl to get the nylock nuts off.. Now my tool kit has two 9/16 wrenches, I need to go to sears to pick up a couple more for home. LOL

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The first day we ran 180 miles, missed a trail crossing somewhere and fell short of our goal of 200 miles per day. Day 2 we ran north to copper harbor and you are right those trails were miserable. Day 3 we ran down to Lake of the clouds and over to the Root Cellar, 280 miles that day.. Glad every day wasn't like the 2nd..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts