Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
my brother bought won last week. He told me he raced an F7 and an xc 600 monday. He said that the F7 took him off the line but he held with him after that. The xc 600 didn't even come close. I don't know the distance but he hit 103 on gps. I took it for a spin Sunday and all I can say is it makes my F5 look silly. Looks like I may have to up grade if I want to keep up with my younger brother. I'll see how it is on oil and gas this weekend. He should have 1200 mile on it by then :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
Well, here are some true facts. Brother and I have Std. F7's and father just got the F6. The F6 is fast, but will not keep up with the F7 on top end. Similar off the line but the F7 still gets it. Your are talking about a 20 hp difference here as well, so I would expect the F7 to beat it, but it is not by much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No offence guys but why am I finding several postings in this forum about f7's racing xc600's? Mayba a fair comparison should be a 700 or greater cc machine to race and compare to...I wouldn't be boasting about racing a sled with 100 or so less cc's than mine and beating it and thinking thats some kind of great accomplishment.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I said he raced the XC600 with his F6.

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
Originally posted by hpzrt600@Feb 19 2003, 10:42 PM
No offence guys but why am I finding several postings in this forum about f7's racing xc600's? Mayba a fair comparison should be a 700 or greater cc machine to race and compare to...I wouldn't be boasting about racing a sled with 100 or so less cc's than mine and beating it and thinking thats some kind of great accomplishment.
O K,........how's this??
i have a stock....and i mean STOCK. f-7
and ran a clutched and piped 2002 xcsp-700
i out ran him at the rader runs by over 5
miles per hour. we went to a field after that and ran
aganst my own rader box...... guess what.......
yea,...... i kicked his ass again.
so he wanted to just race me...(some guys never learn)
yep you guessed it......he lost.
did i mention he has a 700??

·
Registered
4 Posts
That is a fair comparison...although alot of so called tuners who modify their sled dont know what they are doing-i.e.-the xc700 you raced.

My posting doesn't nessessarly pertain only to this posting...I found this to be true on some other postings on this site as well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My Uncle and Cousin have 700 and 800 xc's with slp pipe, heads, air box and are turned in well. I leave the 800 and put about 5 sled lennths on him right away. The 700 has an 1.25 track and he hangs with me until about 70, then I'll put 3 to 5 sled lengths on him. No stock sled, I repeat any stock sled, will run with a F7.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts