Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw F6 today...pretty much the same sled of course but I did notice that:

1) the coil is now mounted in front of the steering post. The hole in frame is still there but they moved the coil. It's clear of any other wires and is a much better location for it.

2)pull start fix is a thick round bushing that is mounted in a block that is screwed into where the cheesey bar fix screwed into. This fix is what we should have received instead of the bar. It looks like it will work fine

3) The ecu has some sort of diagnostic labeling on it. I forgot to look more closely at it but I did see a sticker on it that gave all trouble codes and what they meaned on the top of the unit.

4) graphics look real sharp in person. I didn't like them when I saw them on the web but on the floor it looks really nice. almost like a tribal flames sort of deal

5) the front bumper and the belly pan are green. The bumper looks like crap (in my opinion). I think they should of left it black

6) the back of the tach cluster looked a little different. I don't know if it's a different tach but it could be

7) sled was not a snopro, i don't know if it's an option anyways. The front coil springs were a progressive type spring, the top 4" are fatter than the rest of the spring. I don't know if the current std.'s have these springs or not but they are different than my snopro.

8) green/black fade windshield is a little goofy(in my opinion). I would like to see it in just the straight chrome

9)I didn't have a F7 or F5 next to me to compair but the airbox or the hood cables looked a little different. The cables seemed not to be as close to the air intake hose as on my sled

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera in the truck to snap a couple of the changes that I picked out.

Very nice looking sled but for roughly $200 more I would rather have a F7SP. I would guess that AC realizes this too and we'll probably see a higher price tag on the F7's this year. (in my opinion)

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
My neighbor, a die hard ski doo rider said that I paid way too much for my firecat - ( $7600 otd )and that the price would come down a whole lot next year. He agrees that this is the greatest sled out this year. I told him that I didn't think that the price would come down. What do you all think ?

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
I believe the 6's will go down $100 more and the 7's up $100....so the prices will be about $500 between each motor size...makes more sense

·
Registered
117 Posts
I do think that the f7's are a little pricey, but, most sleds are now days. And I don't think that ski-doo guy has any room to talk about paying too much for a sled. My buddy bought an 800 REV X and he paid almost 9,000 (american) for it!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts