Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pull's good for a 6 twin... handles GREAT! but after you've been on a F7, there is just no turning back!

F7 is a ROCKET SHIP!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
i also tried an f6 a couple weeks back but i could not really tell how the power was because i was on an icy dealer lot, it seemed to have a lot better throttle respsnce than the f5 though, probably because of the efi.

But whenever i go to my friends f5 from my f7 the thing seems so slow! i cant wait to get back on my f7.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I noticed the power band is much more linear than the 7. The track and exhaust noise is also reduced compared to my 7. It's a good runner but of cours, not as strong as the 7.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Otterbob,NO!The F5 is down 15 horse to the rev 6ooho

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
Otterbob, I was trying to say f6rocks is a rev owner in denial. Not you. My typing and brain are all out of wack this morning. Sorry.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The rev got me out of the hole and could not got caught up. we raced on a lake about 2 blocks in length. anybody know how I can ajust the clutch for better take off. need help racing again on this sunday.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
anybody know how I can ajust the clutch for better take off.[/b]
Look at your secondary clutch. If the belt is riding flush try taking a thin shim out. This will raise your belt and slightly lower your starting gear. It should also help your sled rev a bit quicker. It will make you a bit quicker out of the hole. Also, it you are drag racing, take out the coupling blocks for added traction and loosen the rear end up.

Cat S.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I was looking at getting a f6 at first because everyone was saying there almost as fast as a f7 now people are saying it dosen't have the power like a f7 so I will be looking at a f7 or zr900.The rev also impressed me I got to put quite a few miles on one but I'm going to cat,I'm making my srx into a improved stock for speed running.

·
Registered
10 Posts
tried the adjustments on the clutch. seemed to help got out of the hole at the same time but raced for about 3 blocks in length on lake. raced 4 times and got beat by a sled length every time. think I will stud track any Idea how many I should put in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts