Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one ,I,m back & now I can be a pest again. F6 Junk? NO No NO Local dealer gave me one to get my in put for 5 days. Did as much clutch work as I could with what I had. Got a lot better but room for more inprovement.. All u F7 riders keep your sled tuned because a bone stock F7 has all it can handle to run with this sled after a little work.. I mean up to 80 + mph it is a animal. A lot of F7 riders would be happy with sled.With changes made from AC it should turn better & have better weight transfer.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I posted in another thread that these baby's are fast :D I watched it in 660' drags and it sent alot of modded 600's home :lol: and it beat 2 F7's and this is a bone stock F6 with 40 miles on it.. And it was Studded. Like byoffcr said you F7 owners better keep you pencil sharp otherwise you will be looking at the snowflap of an F6 :p

·
Registered
202 Posts
I really hope that the F6 is alot better then the F5...becuase I'm trying to sell mine for a '04 F6...I wanna step up to a bigger motor...I've already had a MXZ 700 I really dont know why I stepped down to a 500 but I did...and I have to say it isnt much slower then the MXZ 700...but yeah I need the F6.. :p

·
Registered
437 Posts
how much are the f6 snopro goign to be if you dont snocheck them? we had gotten like $15000 worth of sleds there last year so do you think they could sell me one for like 7k? or less?

·
Registered
899 Posts
i agree i raced 2 f6's we came out of the hole even and i didnt gain on them till around 70 and up and then it was a slow pull ahead if you let off they will beat you!

myf7 went up against 6 other f7s that day and beat them all so i know those f6's are no joke!

hi byoffcr B)

·
Premium Member
2014 XF800 137
4,042 Posts
Originally posted by byoffcr@Feb 27 2003, 01:38 AM
A lot of F7 riders would be happy with sled.With changes made from AC it should turn better & have better weight transfer.
What changes did you notice??

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet Firecat GREEN , tHERE NOT EVEN CLOSE ,YOU will love the F6

Good Morning BIG DOG Keep Barking HE HE

·
Registered
24 Posts
I raced an F6 with my F7 at some snow drags 3 weeks ago. The F6 was stock and although it faired well, it was still 4 or 5 lengths behind the 700 in 660. In fact a polaris 600 who ran with us also beat it. I believe the F6 is a good sled to buy and has potential, but don't fool yourselves and think it will dominate the 600 class. Properly clutched it will be competitive in a racing environment. Out of the box it would likely dominate on the trails, in its class, if the other sleds you line up against aren't modified from stock in any way.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think something was wrong with that F6 or the guy with the polaris was very!!!!! well setup. My brother ran against many polaris 600's last week and he made them look like they were running 440 fan's. None of them came even close. He took them all off the line and kept gaining until he hit land.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A dialed in F6 has a good chance to be NO 1 in the 600 class

·
Registered
100 Posts
Noone realizes how much clutching and jetting have to do with sled performance. a xc600 properly clutched and jetted is a bad-a-- sled, but very few people set them up properly. So, if you have an EFI 600 firecat, you will probably beat most 600 poos, but occassionally a couple well set up will walk all over you.

Some people talk about "this sled will beat this sled" as if all sleds are set up the same.

It just isnt' that simple...
kj

1 - 11 of 11 Posts