Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you think cat could have made this kind of a sleeper sled there is no possible way that the 600 could be faster than the 700 right cat couldn't do that to all the f7 owners so the f6 is slower than the 7 i know i am beign stupid but i just wanna make sure because if the 6 is gonna be faster than i will trade my 7 in on it

·
Registered
70 Posts
A ZR 600 is faster than a ZR 500.......a ZR 900 is faster than a ZR 800.....a F7 is faster than a F6

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
the only way an f6 will beat an f7 is if you put a 120lbs rider on the f6, and a 300lbs rider on the f7. :ph34r:

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I think it'll be close,look here;not alot of room to squeak in between these two

Ran a base line on my F-5 tonight. Took 7 runs, threw out the highest and lowest. here's the results

Standard F-5 Picks, 102 1.150
Conditions: glare ice, no snow.

Verified distance and speed with GPS and speed check.

1000 Feet :91.75

660 Feet 82.o

500 Feet 75.50

Also ran base line using F-7 Standard Picks same except 152

1000 Feet 102.33

660 Feet 89.25

500 Feet 79.5

Am waiting for Dan to send clutch kit to compare!!!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Originally posted by Hill Topper@Jan 15 2003, 08:35 AM
What we need to look at here is times you can have one sled that runs 110 mph and on that runs 100 mph in 1000' and the one that runs 100mph will beat the on that runs 110.
what do you mean? :huh:

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
i think what he means is ..........just because one is faster does not mean its quicker. my f-5 can run with the big sleds to about 80 so the f-6 would be even closer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Are you guys talking about flat out race that is 2 miles long or are you talking about 1000'. I race my f 350 which will run 101mph @ 13.98 in a quarter mile. I can beat alot of vetts if they are not on the ball. I will beat cars in a quarter mile that run ten mph quicker than me. If it only takes me 1200' to get 95 and it takes anouther car 1400' to get there, but he runs 111 mph in a quarter he still will loose but he builds speed faster from 1400' to 1630'. This should all make since. I hope.

·
Registered
100 Posts
By the way, Fireball, Grammer is actaully spelled GRAMMAR. Not to be a pain, but if you're going to correct someone you should probably get it right first.

Just my thought.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You know, all this light hearted ribbing is great, espescially on all our new found "friends" throughout the country. But to get back to the topic at hand, isn't fast a relative term? I mean, whether it's a F-5,6,7,8,or 10,000, I've always thought along the lines that one can only go so fast in the twisties, and after a certain point I think too much HP begins to get a little counterproductive. Don't get me wrong, I've always been prone to the love of speed as the next f-cat rider, but if you really think about it where does a sledder spend most of the time when out riding; ON TRAILS. That's why I've always gotten a kick about all the "hype" of new sleds. You can go between three displacement classes and see a difference in top speed between the three but then again, any speed over 100 mph is downright flying on snow, and one step further than that, whether you're going 30 or 120 those sudden stops ( If you're the unfortunate recipient ) are a real ass kicker! I don't normally babble on like this, but I'm at work (BORED) so I thought i'd put some useless banter out there for all of you to read.

P.S. No snow to speak of yet (Minnesota), and in all actuality, I'd be extremely happy to do ANY speed on my sled right now!!!

Shainsaw :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts