Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been going through some post and it seems alot of people are liking the rev more as they drive them.And some people are buying a rev instead of a firecat.Whats better the rev or the firecat honest answers.

·
Registered
772 Posts
hmmmm exactly what i mean Mr ZZZZZZZZ sleeping slow pile of junk....what did that post just do??? shoot down a brand ... ...i cant belive i just read that....i just waisted part of my life reading another one of ur retarded, biased, boring posts....go back to snowmobileferryworld

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a spring ordered f6 efi sp just woundering why some ppl were going with the rev.
\\

·
Registered
40 Posts
Originally posted by Big Fire Chief@Mar 15 2003, 12:29 AM
hmmmm exactly what i mean Mr ZZZZZZZZ sleeping slow pile of junk....what did that post just do??? shoot down a brand ...  ...i cant belive i just read that....i just waisted part of my life reading another one of ur retarded, biased, boring posts....go back to snowmobileferryworld
Well if you think about it, it's almost a fact now. So technically what I said is by all means true. But like I said before the reason im bashing is for replys that will turn my mind around, as I will be snow checking a '04 F7 in a couple weeks if I find enough feedback to gather all of it together and make a decision. So why don't you try defending the F7 instead of barking at me?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I rode the old style rev with the bracket on the snow flap I didn't like it at all knees hit the dash felt real acward, Felt like it cornerd better. But still couldn't bring myself to like it nomatter what. Maybe it's in my head But didn't feel as fast either. Then I rode a 800 blair morgan edition felt alot better than the first one I rode. I put about 40 miles on it before my buddie kicked me off of it. I kept staying ahead of him because I knew what he wanted. To take his sled back. Once you get the feel of them They are like a rocket. jumps very well. Doesn't try to buck you over the bars when you jump it I mean. It also corners like its on rails. everything about this sled was way better than the first rev I rode. DOn't get me wrong I like my cat better than the Rev. even after all the problems I have had with mine. Maybe it's because I am loyal to cat or because i have so much in cat cloths I can't afford to change brands. If I have another year like this 1 I will probley get a rev. But for now I will give cat the benifit of the doubt. My f7 does pull harder than the rev I have a std susp with 1" lug track. And it is also faster on top end than the rev. I can out ride my buddie on the trail. with my F7 I just have to work a little hard than before. which is ok by me. Seeing how mine is a 700 and his is 800 I should have to work harder to stay ahead of him. BUT THE REVS DO HAVE PROBLEMS!!! He had the crank let go at 350miles which took out both cylinders and pistons and 1 shock go bad. And his parts were on back order for a couple of weeks. So it happens with all mfg's. So now the anwer to your question would I buy 1 yes I would but would have to wait at least another year. For them to get there motors figured out. Just like I will give cat 1 more year to get theres figured out. Before I decide to switch brands. I like cat because they will take care of you. even after your warranty is up. I mean withen reason. I don't know about ski-doo But it would be hard to think ski-doo would do as well as cat in warranty issues. Thats just my thoughts G-P :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Originally posted by teamgreenf6@Mar 15 2003, 12:40 AM
I got a spring ordered f6 efi sp just woundering why some ppl were going with the rev.
\\
Id have to say the style, two very differant looking sleds. Also SKi Doo with ROTAX, DPM, RAVE...alot of factors. Also alot are going after the 800's because of lakes. That extra 100 CC's is useful on a lake.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
They are both good sleds-it depends on how you ride and what you are looking for in a sled. You can't ask other people what you should buy-you have to absorb all the info you can get and then go with your gut feel.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
I agree with F7hooligan. It all depends on your taste. Me personally I think the Rev is UGLY. Now on handling, I don't know, cause I never rode a Rev. I know on speed the F7 is faster from beating them. Some people like the looks of the rev. I can't understand it, but they do. They must drive a Ford or Dodge.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The preceeding two guys are right. But take it a step further. It is all about how you ride and what is comfortable for you. No two bodies are the same and no two sleds are either. The best thing you can do is test drive each. Go for a ride through the trails for a few miles, then hit a lake or two. That is the only way you will find a sled that fits you perfectly. Other than that, they say the revs handle bumps well, but your knees pay the price over long rides. I haven't heard a 1/4 of the problems existing with the F6's as with the F7's . Just like in every other industry, first year products are always guinea pigs and will need their fair share of mechanical attention. They are both fast and fun to ride. Good luck with whichever sled you choose.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Originally posted by green-patriot@Mar 15 2003, 12:47 AM
I like cat because they will take care of you. even after your warranty is up. I mean withen reason. I don't know about ski-doo But it would be hard to think ski-doo would do as well as cat in warranty issues. Thats just my thoughts G-P :)
Doo covered a melted piston on my old sled a month after the warranty is up, i dont hink my cat dealer would do that for me, they really suck for warranty issues. I wish the doo dealer sold cat as well becaus ei would have much rather give them the business than my stupid cat dealer right now, and them being so stupid is making lean towards getting a rev for 04. I still like my f7 though.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Originally posted by zrt600@Mar 15 2003, 04:10 PM
Other than that, they say the revs handle bumps well, but your knees pay the price over long rides. .
The whole time i rode the sled, for a day with about 100-150 km's my knees did not hurt at all. If that is so much of an issue it is really easy to solve:" get some knee pads for your self, or get the pads that go on the side panels. Thats a small thing to do compared to what some of us f7 owners had to do this winter.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Originally posted by teamgreenf6@Mar 15 2003, 12:22 AM
I been going through some post and it seems alot of people are liking the rev more as they drive them.And some people are buying a rev instead of a firecat.Whats better the rev or the firecat honest answers.
Read my topic about my day on the blair morgan rev.

Here is the link: http://www.firecat.info/index.php?act=ST&f...=2&t=6965&st=15

If you dont want to go there here is what i said:

Well i was thinking on buying a rev at the end of the winter because i have heard great things about them how they handle well and are great on bumps. But i wanted to try it out for myself to see if what people were saying was fact or fiction. Anyway it was a blair morgan edtion 800. I wanted to try this sled in every way to compare to my f7 snopro. In powder, jumping, handling, bump performance, suuspension trael, watercross you name it and it did perform just as well as my firecat in 90% of the things and better in some and not as good in others. I think the comparion would have been more fair against a standard suspension firecat because this rev was soft compared to my snopro package.

When i first got on it felt kinda weird and i liked my firecat better, as the day went on i began to like the rev. No doubt this sled does take bumps better and does not kick you up as much on bumps as a normal sled would. On the same strech of trail my sled would kick me off the seat when the rev would not. For handling, the rev did corner better than my firecat. Suspension wise its more of a trail sled than my f7 snopro, it bottomed out a lot more than my sled on the same riding conditions, but most people would have have rode the sled this hard.

Powerwise the sled had good power, i did not have the chance to drag it against my f7 because it was at the doo dealer while i was driving the rev. The problem was that it did not pull as hard as my f7 snopro most likely because of the 1 inch track compared to my 1.375. So in that aspect it wasnt a fair comparison, but if i had to compare my firecat pulled harder. I would have really liked to drag it against my firecat because ithe morgan sled is supposed to be fast, but my sled is not running that fast how it is because my engine is twisted because of my bent motor mounts, once thats fixed i would like to race it.

I got used to the trail riding aspect of the rev, the only thing i wasnt too comfortable doing on it was jumping, im sure i would get used to it just like i got used to my firecat but right now i like my firecat better for jumping.

IF i was STRICTY a trail rider i would be riding a rev, no question. In my opinion the rider postion is much better and is actually easier on your body than my firecat, it doesnt kick you off the seat as much and the suspesion works well, even though it was too soft for my style riding.

The only thing stopping me from getting one is that im not sure how i will be able to jump with it, as snowcross has a lot to do with jumping and i do a lot of it myself, but im sure i can get used to it.

On the ride back home on my firecat, the first thing i noticed how much harder the sled pull from holeshot, mainly because of the 1.375 track i have, but once the sleds got rolling they were about the same for speed. It would be hard for me to leave my firecat for a rev, i have got used to it all winter and i can control it really well not and im not sure if i want to start over on the rev.

Now, would i buy one. YES i would, my only complaints about the sled was the soft suspension compared to my f7snopro and that can be fixed with some revaled shocks and i felt more comfortable jumping my firecat but i would get used to the rev as time went on for jumping.

So, what am I going to do, get a rev for 04 or a new firecat? I am really confused in what to do, i like both sleds, but the dealer is going to be a deciding factor in the desicion i think. My cat dealer sucks, and the doo dealer is really good to me and my family, so when it comes down it, i am leaning towards a rev X 600 ho over the f6 snopro.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I got to race against two 7C`s blair morgans edition and
the poor doo dearler who owned both,never new what hit
him.We ran a 1000ft on ice some snow on top the first up was the
stock one itwas on 3mph`s faster than the 600h.o..He than ran
the 800 with delta 3`s,clutched,geared ,and can.it was 9km`s faster than the stock set up
It ran 100mphand I run next with the 711 e.f.i. and beat him by 14 mph.
You had to see the guy`s face with the 500 decals on my cat .He didn`t ask
the right questions so he didn`t get the right answers.I rode the Rev around
during the radar runs that day around the bay and liked the feel
but not the power.Order a new F-6 blackkkk standard e.f.i. and set
up it should handle the current 600 H.O`s with room to spare.just my
Cape Breton Stock................................

1 - 14 of 14 Posts