Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friends were just up new york and they raced a f6 and f7. the 1 has a rev 800 and the second has 600 rev bond style. they said that the 600 kicked the crap out of the f6 and the 800 did the same to the f7. do u belive this b.c i find it hard to. did any body race the revs and did they win. do u think they relly won by alot like they were saying. i was not there to witness this so i dont no.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I bet a 800 rev, from start to finish, I didn`t walk away from him, but he did not pass me either! 3 times! I have a standard F7, runnig Amsoil 2000 ^_^

·
Administrator
20,829 Posts
Don't bash the REV's ... they're not slow. The F7 does beat the REV8 more times than not ... just a matter of by how much. As far as the F6 vs. REV6 goes, I haven't seen that one yet. My guess is it's all a matter of who's sled is set up better. The REV is not known for it's top-end this year, but it is by no means a slouch. Your buddies may be telling you the truth, but if they did beat the F-cats, I seriously doubt it would have been by more than a sled length or two. So no, I'd doubt they "kicked the crap" out of the F-cats.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had same results as Hookedup. I had a harder time w/ a 02 zr 800 efi. Did'nt loose but there was no room for error.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Been to lots of 660 races this year, The Revs weren't an issue. About the only trouble has been other F7's.
Watched an F6 beat a 600 Rev by 2-3 lengths.

·
Vendor
4,562 Posts
The REV 600HO is fast. I rode one just after stepping off my XC800SP and I was impressed. Then the REV and the Pro-X 600 lined them up and the REV won 4 out of 4 times. I would be surprised if the F6 is as fast as the REV. Ski-Doo is even claiming more HP out of the 600 for 2004. The REV is the best handling most comfortable sled I have ever driven. It is effortless to ride. The transition between sitting and standing is effortless. I am ordering a 2004 600HO.

·
Registered
978 Posts
haha obviously he likes skidoo, and feels like comming over here trying to act like his will be better...

o well even if they do win on the lake, i can probably still take 85% of them on the trail... even if you dont give me the f6... shit ill even take my zr 600

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
The Revs are quick but they are definitely not fast (there is a difference)-race them more than 660' and you will win every time.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I had a radar run up in maine a couple of weeks ago.maybe a month...My F7 stock went 83 mph in 600 ft. The rev 800 went 78 mph. The Rev 600 Went 72 mph. And the F5 went 75 mph. I dont know if the F5 was stock or not. There were tons of F7s racing. I got 4th place out of like 10 F7s. The fastest F7 went 85. The fastest Machine their went only 93.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
isnt that a little slow a heard like in the 100s radar. shouldent a f7 be able to break 100 i heard like 110. b.c some f5 get 100

·
Registered
978 Posts
Originally posted by maddog542k3@Mar 5 2003, 08:10 PM
isnt that a little slow a heard like in the 100s radar. shouldent a f7 be able to break 100 i heard like 110. b.c some f5 get 100
remember, the fastest sled was only 93, usually theres all types of mod sleds at those, even local ones... conditions vary, especially on ice

·
Vendor
4,562 Posts
Sorry for giving an opinion other than "Well its a firecat forum I should just tell them the Fcat will win everytime no matter what". I thought the guy wanted some honest opinions. I guess if he already new than why did he ask. Sounds like if you not 100% Cat you shouldn't be here. Sorry for liking them all an not just Cat. By the way the Firecat is a nice sled. See ya.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Originally posted by maddog542k3@Mar 5 2003, 08:16 PM
ok thanks. what was the fastest there was it an f7?
i got an f6 ,it pulls my friend cross country zr 800 he's studded, i'am not and he was about a half of sled lenth in front of me, I like the sled, ..... no problems yet with it....going this weekend to see if i can blow it up... lol I think you f7 oweners are going to see a oil pump recall in the fall??? maybe

·
Registered
978 Posts
Originally posted by Paul_Aris@Mar 5 2003, 09:28 PM
Sorry for giving an opinion other than "Well its a firecat forum I should just tell them the Fcat will win everytime no matter what". I thought the guy wanted some honest opinions. I guess if he already new than why did he ask. Sounds like if you not 100% Cat you shouldn't be here. Sorry for liking them all an not just Cat. By the way the Firecat is a nice sled. See ya.

woah man i didn't mean it that way... not an attack

1 - 20 of 31 Posts