Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend just bought an F5 and tryed it this weekend for the first time in Paradise, Michigan. Top speed was only 86 mph, is that right? That seems to slow for that sled.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't actually ask him, but I would say no. I know the first mile he put on wasn't the attempt at a top speed. I wasn't with him, just talked to him on the phone for a few minutes.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Had 130 miles got it up to 85mph.
Went out yesterday, have 240miles, very cold conditions
(would think ideal) only was able to hit 80mph.
Made a mark on the primary, took another couple of runs,
have about 1 1/2 inches of mark at top of primary.
Definately needs clutching

·
Registered
58 Posts
ZR800CC,

I would say something is not right with your friends F5. I ran my standard F5 yesterday on the lake. Good hard packed conditions. My F5 ran a consistant 98-99 mph all day. I would say a little less then a half mile run. I am confident it will do a little over 100, after the half mile the snow changed and was little deeper. It would slow by a few miles an hour when i hit that spot. I also compared my speedometer reading with my buddies 2001 ZR800, and when he was running 60 MPH on his speedometer, mine said 55 mph. I think my speedometer is more accurate then the ZR's. I have 280 miles on my sled and no studs.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I was racing my buddies 01" MXZ 800 across a field with about 4" of fresh snow on top of hard packed ice and my speedo read 88. BUT I was side by side with the 800 all the way and I know the 800 will go faster than 88. His studs are really worn and mine are brand new. On hardpacked roads he walks away from me but for a 500 my F5 was kicking ass!

Still havn't held it WOT on a road to see top speed but I would think 100 is about it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had my F5 at 88-89 mph in 1000 feet (measured). At about approx. 1/4 mile about 94-96 mph. I still have break-in gas in the tank so I would expect more with straight gas. All of these numbers are on radar. The speedo on the Firecats are dead nuts on.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Ran 92 MPH in 1000 ft on glare ice GPS and speed check verified. I am running a base line for a clutch kit. Also have 500 ft and 660 foot times in the outdoor shop section under f-5 clutching

·
Registered
153 Posts
Last week my i noticed my machine was only maxing at about 85 mph when it would usually max at 99mph so i changed the spark plugs and there was no difference and when i checked the spark plugs again i hit the black cap off that covers the power valve cables right next to the carb jet setting chart and i saw that the cables came off so i put em in and i started maxing at 99 again so i found my problem :D accidently too :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts