Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin is looking for a sled for his wife and is on a budget. He is thinking about an F5 for her. Tell me about them. My wife rides a F6 so I know about the great ride and handling. How is the F5 motor in the twin spar? Does it have enough power? He may get her a sabercat or firecat instead if the motor is a real dog. I know it will top out at 80 but does it pull hard until then? Let me know he is really frustrated that his older sled died.

Thanks.

·
Registered
342 Posts
great little engine. i was very surprised when i drove one expecting it to be gutless. good jam till 75-80 starts to climb then, i would recommend one for a budget, beginner, or 2nd sled.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have an F6 and my wife has an F5LXR. There is a difference in the pull off the line, the F6 is definitely faster, but the F5 holds it's own just fine. My wife actually prefers her F5 and it has more than enough power for her. You sure can't beat the twinspar chassis!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I started out with an 06 Sabercat, but after I hurt my shoulder I had a hard time keeping up with the husband (the Sabercat can beat ya' up by the end of the night). He has the F6 and let me "test drive" it after he made the seat adjustments, etc. what a big difference! The next week he got me an F5 (wanted the F6 and was told it was too much power for me--okay) and i have to tell ya' I love it more than the Sabercat! There is a big difference in the 2 sleds as far as feeling beaten up, I have less body aches and can keep up with the hubby and guys on my F5. The engine power is great even though I like the sound of the Sabercat over the F5. But the F5 seems to handle much better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts