Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey how fast will an F5 go because people were saying theres goes, 88 and cant get it to go any faster, some one said 105 and if they re-jet it will go 107, then some guy said it tops out at 93, so what can i expect from it

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I couldn't stand it any longer so I threw the 5 on the trailer and made the 1.5 hr drive to the UP yesterday afternoon.man did I need that! I too had been hearing #'s all over the place so I went to find out.Well,on a hard packed trail,that was more like a four lane road,The trail was maybe 1/2 mile straight strech where I opened it upThe sled reached 75-80 no problem but from there on up it took a bit of time.The highest I saw on the analog speedo was 90,with the snopro track,but it was still climbing slowly.My guess for the snopro on ideal conditions,bone stock would be 95mph and that will take a while,not too shabby for a 499cc mill with a biglug track! :D :lol: :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
:D :D Trailered to bergland last week, and made a few passes on the lake before hitting the trails. .Have an F5 standard, 1" track, and was pretty steady at tha 101 to 103 by speedo.

·
Registered
171 Posts
My F-5 sno pro got up to 105 after 4-5-6 trys. i rode it on long straight rodes then after aabout 400 -450 miles it would go over 100. and it might have gone faster but it was time to let off

·
Registered
308 Posts
Had my f5 out today on the lake i got top speeds of 95 and 100 and there's still stock jetting in it.

·
Registered
960 Posts
i only got 160 mi. on my sled and i got it up to 97 with the stock jettings also not the best top speed conditions either :mellow:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Still on the first tank of gas/premix, 65 miles, stock jetting and got 105 as read on gps, 108 when drafting another machine. Smooth ice, little snow and 1-2 mile streach.

·
Registered
323 Posts
this last week i was at my cabin and i have the standard not sno pro and i was going across the lake in minnesota with hardly any snow and i was going at 112mph no kidding. but the conditions were favorable

·
Registered
47 Posts
Still running in break-in mode. I have 40 miles on my sled and I reach 90 mph B) in 1000 feet. Started a little futher back maybe 1250 and ran 95 on radar. It was climbing a little yet. I could see hitting the 105 mph on a 1 mile strech.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts