Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I had a chance to ride the F5 after my F7 took a cat-nap.

The F5 runs strong out of the hole but dies out quickly. The fastest the sled will go is 70mph. Is this consistant with what you guys are seeing? Thinking there may be a problem with this thing also.

I do notice a slight hesitation while riding and holding the rpm's around 4,500 also. Feels like a miss or something.

Anyone else notice this? and how much speed are you guys getting out of your F5's... Non Sno-Pro!

P.S. The F5 got absolutely spanked by a Rev 600.

Thanks,
FireChicken.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Yes you have a problem, the F5 should go way faster than 70 mph.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually it's not my problem, I have my own with the DEAD F7, but my buddy is curious.

I'm going to pull off his secondary at his New Years Party tonight and check the spring.

May be broke or something.

He lined it up with a new 600 REV and was getting spanked all day.

I'll say this. Good for Ski-Donkey...they finally have a fast 600!

·
Registered
514 Posts
had my F5 sno pro on the lake Sunday.. first run topped out at 84, the highest I managed to get out of it was 88... hardly impressive, since I could out do that speed on my 98 Vmax.

I emailed my dealer about the problem, and I've yet to recieve a response back from him. Its also chugging oil at an alarming rate, so perhaps that has something to do with the poor performance.

The hubby passed me like a fleeting thought on his F7.... I may have to trade up :angry:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know, he chugged the oil also.

His "low oil" light was coming on after 1 day of riding.

He filled it to the rim in the morning.

The F7 didn't use nearly as much, maybe that's why it's dead...anyway, the oil consumption is a problem and will slow it down.

Thanks for giving me another post question.

·
Registered
960 Posts
i got 92 out of her in crappy conditions it only had 120 miles im happy!

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Race Results 3000 ft lake speeds -8 celsius, sunny day

stock zr 900 118.9 mph
stock f7 115.9 mph
stock rev 800 115.0 mph
Stock RX-1 110mph
Stock f5 107.6 mph

Zr 900 gears, pipes, reeds, chisels, stock track 127 mph
F7 gears,and reeds 126 mph

THIS IS FROM A POST ON OUR ZR SIDE OF THE FORUM. I AM LIKING ALL THOSE NUMBERS. THAT F5 SPEED IS 1 MPH SLOWER THAN I GOT MY ZR 800 UP TO LAST YEAR VIA GPS...PRETTY DAMN IMPRESSIVE ALL AROUND.

·
Registered
54 Posts
What was it showing for max RPM's ??? Should be around 8400 rpm's. There's been a couple of posts regarding F5's with misadjusted power valves. Mine's been into the 80's (MPH) a bunch of times. Haven't found a place to let it all hang out yet but I'm guessing top end is near 100.

·
Registered
544 Posts
F5 sno-pro, i got mine to 100 mph- ran out of room- stock set up with 1" track -
i just put in the studs and can't wait to see what it will do. the temp about -9 F

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I don't know what the Max RPMs were...there is a service bulletin out b/c they're way off a lot of the times anyway.

As for an F5 hitting over 105...that is sick speed for any sled...never mind a 500...

Studs and/or the Sno Pro Track by itself will slow you down on top end so if you are into total all out speed, just deal with the track spin initially and then have fun with your thumb pinned to the handlebars... :lol:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Originally posted by ZRT Guy@Dec 31 2002, 05:04 PM
. Mine's been into the 80's (MPH) a bunch of times. Haven't found a place to let it all hang out yet but I'm guessing top end is near 100.
Yeah I would have thought that also... since around 70 I seem to have lots of throttle left.

Conditions were hard packed snow on the lake.... temp around 26F. Took the F7 out and pinned that... thought I would get sucked off the back of the sled..LOL.

I've got 2 buddies with the 600 Rev that need an attitude adjustment... anyone got a team arctic red F7 that I can stick the cowl off of mine on so I can shut them up????? ;)

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've see 95 with mine but it was time to let off. A lot of difference in power after about 150 miles. Need to go up country and run the railroad beds to see whay it's really got.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Theres a guy racing stock F7& F5 out of Alaska asking GLS a ? over on AM Snow paid site His F7 is going 126 on gun & hes hopeing to get his F5 to run in 100+ teens. Hes racing the Alcan 200 & will let us know what the F5 will do Fast huh ? I guess thats to be expected there cats

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have only got 60mils on my sleed and dont dare go over 60mph but it's very quick to 60 ;)
Maby i give it a try when i get to northen sweden this weekend.
Have you guys seen sleednecks 5? They take a trip to sweden in that movie B)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts