Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
hermanator what updates is there for the 500 f/cats? And 20/39 gears with a 10 tooth driver seems a bit long legged for a 104 hp 8400 rpm packge. 20/39 was a comon cat gear with 9 tooth. How far was your run? My 5 will pull 106 to 108 on good ice off the speedo wich when i compared to gps was dead on!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
as for the updates

i changed the front swing arm bolts that bolt to the tunnel
changed the front end cap bolts
the reposition the coil
recoil fix
i went and changed the a-arm bolts the bottom 4 that bolt to the bulk head. they looked to short

·
Registered
11 Posts
you betya last years 500 zr was 9 tooth and 20/39 thats alot gear for a 10 tooth fire cat. I changed coil postion and that worked good i willl check my bolts too. thanks for the info hermanator 2

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hey guys I raced an 03' XC 500 stock that was just cleaned out and serviced right after he got it serviced we met on a about 1 mile strait and we raced and i just changed my spark plugs and it was 11- and 30mph wind chill and we were both stock to the bone and i beat him twice from tha start through the end by 3 sleds and guess what i hit on radar and my speedo 115mph!! :D I couldnt believe it the first time so we raced and again and i about 400 feet before i hit the radar it was already at 115mph and bounced from 114 to 115 like twice and then stayed at 115mph both races i still cant believe it!! and everyone was sayin that he was gonna beat me! damn i still cant believe it!! :D

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Reminds me of my days of street racing when, after about 1/4 mile down the road you tap the brakes and the guy goes screaming past. :lol: After you stop he says, "hey man, why did you tap out?? my GEAR was just starting to take over" :wacko: Who in the hell races 1 mile any way?? 115 mph out of an F5?? What was the speed at say 1/2 mile???

·
Registered
137 Posts
I still cannot get over 86mph out of mine. Checked the
cables to the power valves and they looked okay.
ANy suggestions?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey kids even if thats in deep snow that still haulin the mail you have to remeber there is no bar stool racing with these new electric speedos they arnt that 5 to 10 mph fat like old analog speedos. And if you still dont think thats fast step off at that speed and see how you feel. That 115 is kinda a strech though but hey any thing over 65 is going pretty good. B)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts