Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First 100 miles on f5 the suspension felt stiff (just right) with little inside ski lift.I now have 450 miles and have extreme inside ski lift and a very soft suspension.Unless entire track is touching the ground you can push the suspension down with almost no pressure.However,when jumping (and landing flat) the landings are soft.Is this a shock problem or a coupling adjustment?? I have already ordered a stiffening kit but maybe it can be fixed without it.......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by blackf5@Jan 20 2003, 05:11 PM
Unless entire track is touching the ground you can push the suspension down with almost no pressure.
I'm confused by this statement??? On level ground the entire track is always touching the ground, right? In fact, on any surface it should be. What am I missing here????????????

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If just the rear portion is in contact with the ground,say on a mogul there is almost no resistance.Imagine if you put a block under the track near the back. the suspension can be pushed down with almost no pressure.Stutter bumps at higher speeds leaves only small portions of track in contact with the snow.This allows extreme bottoming out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
OK, I thought maybe you meant that. That is normal, as part of the suspension is already compressed. All sleds that I've seen will do that to varying degrees.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Thats normal,If only the very back of the skid is supporting the weight it will do that,the older cats are similar, sometimes if you stop your sled on uneven ground it will appear that a spring or shocks completely shot,pull the sled ahead it goes away,if anyone wants to see this put a block of wood under the rear portion of your skid and sit on the sled ,it will compress very easily.It will only be using the rear arm suspension not both.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts