Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read about quite a few guys saying that their F5 just rails around the corners. How does it do with wet, sticky snow conditions? Do they still "rail"? If so, please inform me of the suspension set-up being used. I will transfer the information onto my Standard F5 and see if it makes a difference. Currently I'm getting a dartyness feeling on the trails and a lot of inside ski lift. Snow conditions that day were wet and sticky. What do I do? I need some positive results that will help make my machine "rail" with any kind of snow condition. Thanx.

·
Registered
47 Posts
the biggest thing that helped me from pushing and lifting an inside ski was really tightening up the front suspension. i weigh 150 lbs and the collar on the front shocks turned up until there was only 3/4" of thread on top. it still acts a little darty when i leave off the gas though, so maybe aftermarket skis would cure that.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My F5 2 1/4 inches threads showing on front shocks. 1/2 thread showing on front shock on skid frame, springs on lightest setting, couplers on 3, and most important 6 inch Shaper bars. I had a good all around ride and handle great in twisty trails.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My F5 2 1/4 inches threads showing on front shocks. 1/2 thread showing on front shock on skid frame, springs on lightest setting, couplers on 3, and most important 6 inch Shaper bars. I had a good all around ride and handle great in twisty trails. Standard suspension.

·
Registered
23 Posts
installed 5/8 rods with 8" 60deg. carbides, tightened up the the ski springs just to the point where it doesn't feel as though the machine is going to roll over, lifted my front limiter strap one hole to the middle one, couplings blocks set a 3, rr springs set at softest setting and center shock set as stiff as she'll go.
this is what works for me, like she's on rails.
165#s without gear.

·
Registered
23 Posts
forgot to mention that i use torco medium syn. shock oil with my center and rear shocks valved ever so slightly stiffer by moving one intermediate shim from mid stack to end of stack on the dampening side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts