Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...I got what I have found to be a real good setup for "MY" riding style. Now I would say that I ride like an idiot sometimes....faster than I should be and all over the trails and ditchs and 70/80 over moguls and so on.

I tried the loosy goosy thing...NO WAY!

Here's what I found to be good...
Front shock set with 3 1/4" of threads showing
Front rear skid shock set with 1 1/4" threads showing
Rear spring preloads on 2 or 3 (it depended on if it was later in the day when the trails got hammered on) jumping drives (3!)
Coupling blocks set on 3...THIS FOR SURE CUTS THE WHEELY KING THING DOWN!

now if your just touring around this will not work, but if you are like me...you will love it.....

SNODOGG B)

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Snowdog, you on a std or snopro? I also tightened my front ski shock springs from 2 1/2" to 3" of threads on my std. It didn't raise the ride height; still rides as smooth as anything I've ever riddin' in the front end; and it got rid of some of the "Cadillac" chassis roll. I'm sure the tighter front springs should help give a better bite in snow (whatever that is) conditions as well! -- Roy

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SNO PRO, and I've been riding cats for about 5 years and I've found for my faster riding and moguls....like my woman says STIFFER IS BETTER! :lol:

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by SNODOGG@Dec 30 2002, 04:46 PM
SNO PRO, and I've been riding cats for about 5 years and I've found for my faster riding and moguls....like my woman says STIFFER IS BETTER! :lol:
Yeah, but I bet she wishes you had an F7 instead of an F5 :lol:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:eek: YA, but that "WOOD" just make me faster than her...and she don't like that. She likes to be first :p

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by SNODOGG@Dec 30 2002, 02:38 PM
Front rear skid shock set with 1 1/4" threads showing
SNODOGG,

That's interesting because when I have my front skid shock(F7 SnoPro) adjusted to where it has barely enough tension to hold the retainer on, it has 1 1/2" threads showing. If I were to set mine to 1 1/4" threads showing, the retainer would absolutely fall out...... :blink:
-John

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya know....I did recheck when I got home and your right...11/2"...my bad.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
YES, in fact I was used tp my M-10 in my 98' ZR and was tightening that up and not getting what I was after. I then noticed a hugh gain in the fast moguls and driveway jumping when I played with the rear spring blocks....thoughs little triangles make a big differance in ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts