Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently returned new f5 (300 miles) to dealer thinking that i had a bad shock.The sled bottoms out totally in sharp stutter bumps.So much so that i have to pull flap out of track each time i stop.I have springs on the highest settings and nothing has changed.The dealer tells me that shock is working ok.I can not believe that a sled designed for ditch banging could have a suspension so soft.I have ordered a rear suspension stiffening kit.Any ideas or other suggestions?

·
Registered
58 Posts
My black standard F5 does the same thing. I can't believe they made it so soft. I need to change the coupling blocks to 2 and see if that helps. My springs are on the highest setting also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently sold my F5 because of the same reasons as well as it did not seem to hold up to my aggressive riding style. I have since jumped ship over to Polaris after riding a buddies sled and feeling like there was no bump to big. I purchased a 600 Edge X and love it. I now go looking for the bumps. I think Cat should have spent more time before releasing this sled. Good luck, however I think you are fighting a losing battle. By the way.... The Edge X is faster!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Replying to f5 soft suspension----by the way Ha Ha sucker ! That thing is junk ! You talk about studder bumps that thing bottoms out coming off the trailer. Now do not take this wrong I am talking from experience. Not from owning such an animal but from being ahead of it all the time. I have two suggestions for you Mr. f5 either by a seadoo and stick to your local swimming hole or suck it up and follow the leaders on a SKI-DOO. P.S. rip off your snow flap I heard it increases your travel on the suspension.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
looks like some kiddies got a hold of mommies computer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts