Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went ahead and picked up a leftover F-7 for myself and a leftover F-5 for the wife. Both black and still in the crate. I hope these sleds live up to the hype and more important I hope they hold together. Question for the F-5 riders out there. How is the performance on the 500. I see the shootout results and the 500 wasn''t to impressive. How does it stack up in the real world? Any re-jetting suggestions. Anybody have a wife or Girlfriend that rides the F-5? How does she like it? I posted this on amsnow and it turned into a bash session. Thanks

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
the f-5 is awsome to say the least ! the shootout results say to me that something was wrong with that f-5 compared to mine and the ones out in the snow.
tell her to hang on ! :p

·
Registered
960 Posts
Yeah the f-5 is more than enough power for a 500. I get mine to 106 on long runs consistently. The sled is a rocketchip. I run almost even with a viper for a 1 1/2 mi. Mine is bone stock. I diddnt even change the jets.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Amsnow free forum is a fucking joke!!!!!!!My sled is faster then yours-Thats all anyone talks about on that site-Who in the hell cares!Do you ever see any technical questions answered????It always turns into my rev is faster then your firecat-This site is a million times better!!!!Best cat site on the internet period-I will put it to you this way-My wife has 2200 miles on her f5-She loves it-And i will take her 100#ass on a f5 and race any 600 made,anyplace anytime-The only sled i havent raced is a rev-Have raced prox 600s and mxz 600s and zr600s have beaten most and lost to some-Racing is all about snow conditions and hookup-All those idiots on amsnow,i think are 18 and younger and put there throttle in there mouth-scott-Just keep an eye on the oil ratio on both sleds and the apv cables on the f5-F5s will never perform when there cables are dissconnected-An easy fix is a washer behind the spool to keep the cables on-My wife loves her f5 and i like mine also-Just some minor tweaks here and there-Scott

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
One more thing-360 main jets on both f5s-Good plug color and piston wash,good to -15 below here in wisconsin and the u.p. on the trails-I ride 95% trails and 360s are fine in all weather-pull off your skidpan or plastic cover and rejett from bottom of sled-I rejetted with pulling exhaust pipe off and doing it from the top-can be done this way,just more time consuming-Alot of guys say easier from the bottom!!!!My wife doesnt think so-Ha ha

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
i raced a 2003 pro-x 700 yesterday in a field about 800 -1000 feet and i whooped the 700, and a very modded older xcr 600 . a fellow forum member was there and had the same results on his f-5 .
also dans clutch kit seem to be working well when dialed in !

·
Registered
47 Posts
Maybe I have a dog F-5. I think the power is pretty oustanding through midrange, but it really falls on its face on top. I have an f-5 standard with 1000 miles, and the best i've gotten out of it is 84 mph on a smooth lake with about 4-5 inches of fresh fluff. my old zr500 would kill this thing on top end, but since it's been such a short season i really haven't had much time to try to figure out why it's so slow.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
rocket,
are your pv cables connected and is the servo motor working properly? my snopro runs over 90 every time and gets there quick.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Heres what i can tell you Stock for Stock

Its faster than all 500's
It CAN'T run with the F6, Polaris 600's, or REV600
It can run WITH ALL other 600's
Mine blew the doors off a FormulaZ583 and I saw another person kill a SX-R600

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
nh,
i have to respectfully disagree, ive raced my friends 600ho rev and i get him every time out of the hole along with the poos as well even the 700 poo pro-x. yes they are faster on top but up to like 80 they are always behind me.....................and by then the race is at the end . :lol: this post is from athe forum member that was there on sat with me in the trails section--------------------------------------->

Hey AC F7, sorry I missed you Saturday. I hooked up with f-5snopro for a couple hours and we had a good time..... He raced my buddies 96 Polaris 600 and also my other buddies 2003 Polaris Pro X 700 and took them both after the snow got loose..... I also dragged them in the afternoon and beet them both..... They finally broke down and said "Them cats ar fast" but also said it's not the machine it's the Suzuki engine! O-well, they still like the Polaris and said I should think of buying one next year...... Yeah Right! .... We also met up with the Black F5, he dragged the Pro X three time and won twice....... Anyone hear of Pisgh State park?..... How's the snow there?

Jim.

S

·
0 Posts
My F-5 did not do so well this weekend at the track, put on a new clutch setup, it was good on the topend but fell short in the lows and midrange, 4th in the snowcross, and did not place in the drags, I let my kid race it this time so that might have a bit to do with it as well. I geared it high 20-39 in the drags and dropped to a 18-40 for the snowX, I'm racing again in two weeks I'm hoping to get some more out of it. Any help?I think I have to take a good look at the clutches maybe smaller gears?, I'm getting 95-100mph no prob with the big gears,
I have the following on the sled. 2 deg timing key, vforce 3, snowpro intake, 105oct fuel, 360 jetts -11C, no boggy wheels

·
Registered
626 Posts
The Cat dealer in Ontanogon (SP??) MI let me ride a demo F5 standard since we were thinking of trading my Z440 Sno Pro for one (Girlfriend rides the Sno Pro, I ride the F7). It is MUCH faster than the 98 and 2000 ZR500s I had. We ended up leaving cause he wouldn't move on his price and I couldn't spend more than I offered. Nice performing sled for a 500!!

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
snowblind,
after messing with my f-5 i can say its very sensitive to clutching so you may want to look there ......................also, why are you running race gas in it ?

·
Registered
282 Posts
The F5 will flat out fly when the apv cables are working properly. It may not be the fastest across the lake, but in the trails, see ya.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I agree 100% with any statement that says this 500 is a rocket ship...3 more fall victim to the 5 :ph34r:

96 583+ studded, piped, clutched, SMOKED!
99 FORMULA 3 600 studded, stock and SMOKED!
98 xcr 600 studded, stock, SMOKED!

I love trying to tell these people it ONLY a 500 :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by f-5snopro@Mar 10 2003, 05:38 AM
snowblind,
after messing with my f-5 i can say its very sensitive to clutching so you may want to look there ......................also, why are you running race gas in it ?
The gas we get here is only 82, One of the guys came down for the races had the race fuel so I tried it. after to day and looking at the plugs and exhaust color ( black) I think I'll go buy a 45 of 92 oct. the clutching is always been a thing for me . I have a race clutching but I did not have the 1 7/16 tool to take the nut off the spyder, seems I have to take 30 thou of shim out of the drive to get it right. could not do that so I just used my performance trail setup for the race.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
oh ok, because if you dont have the compression to burn the high octane fuel, that will hurt performance as well...................

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the input. I will be picking the sleds up this week. I hope there is still some snow left to try them out. f-5snopro I know of a Mount Pisgah St. park located in Bradford Co Pa. Is this the one you mean.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts