Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i heard from my dealer this morning,come home to post right away,and redf5sp and gls beat me to it.I tell you i get no respect!!!!!!!Ive been beating a dead horse for a month,and redf5sp gets a answer in a day he he-But actually i heard a little different from my dealer today,so please read-Anyways about 50% of all f5s produced,mainly early production,first run and part of second run came with apv cables that didnt have o rings or seals-ALL F7s BUILT CAME WITH SEALS IN APV CABLES-which makes sense because i havent heard of any problems from f7 owners with cables coming off,or oil in cables etc.etc.Anyways my dealer says i have two sets of new cables coming for the f5s with seals built in or o rings and they will be here next week!!!Now after reading gls response he says cats working on it for 2004 and they will fit the 2003s-so what gives????????All i know is my dealer says i have new and improved cables coming for free,and cats saying there still working on it-Well when they get here and are installed i guess i will let every one know!!!!!!!!But either way im glad cat came forward and said yes there is a problem-and this should take care of our oily cables freezing up and coming off servo motor!!!!!!!!!!-scott frye

ROB please keep this on top?????????For us poor bastards who can only afford f5s-and where wondering why are sleds only go 80mph-By the way anyone care to bet that the f5 on amsnow shootout-remember it did only 79mph and 94 horsepower-geez what do you think was wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Hopefully my dealer is putting the new cables on mine this time. :wacko:

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No bulletin yet-but will be picking up my sleds tomorrow for weekend,and dealer told me cables should be here in 3-4 working days,will try to find out more info tomorrow-thanx scott

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just had the upgrad done to my f5. I was only get 88 mph on perfect conditions. I hit 103 on the speedo consistently over the weekend. I have a 2002 mxz 700 and that would only pull 3 lengths on me, allthough I am 30lbs lighter than the guy on my 700. This sled really rocks for a 500.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Falls action sports in abrams-stiles-talk to glen or todd,both great mechanics,todd mostly works on my f5s
Pat is the owner,also a nice guy-hopefully they will get this apv cable problem fixed,and after talking to cat and gls,im glad to here they know theres a problem and are fixing it

Also t.a. motorsports near manitowoc-Rich is one of the owners-very cool guy,younger,knows his shit-always gives me 20% off clothes and accessories-

Both places treat me great but much easier and closer to falls action and i know glenn and todd are good mechanics-t.a. motorsports has great mechanics also both treat me fare-scott-also took care of my oil usage-have oil pumps adjusted perfect-dont even see oil lights until about 170 miles now-ratio on average about 60-1 on red one-black one is getting picked up tomorrow and should be the same-i hated seeing those oil lights at 80 miles running about 25-1 from factory-once these cables get fixed,should be it,knock on wood

·
Registered
11 Posts
snowsyd what is the speed update you are talking about? The only way my f5 got any real speed was to change track to the 1" track I had 1 3/8" snow pro track and that was only good for low 90's, now with the 1" track i can get low 100's but i have seen as much 109 mph on ice and 5 mph tail wind. Now for you f7 guys that think some these 500 speeds are BOGUS just because its a 500 with 30 less horses do the math for your self. the f5 is geared for 107 mph and the 700 is geared 114 at 7900 rpm,the 500 turns 8500 rpm. the speed is there but it just takes farther to get going with less power on the 500. you kids with 1 3/8 " tracks i dont think you should complain about 90 mph that track is a big windmilll rotating around compared to the 1". but on the other hand its alot better for ripping around in the deep snow.

·
Registered
102 Posts
bee1971 Falls Action Sports also where I bought my sled, Let me know how you make out on those cables. How have your slides been wearing? 420 on first set and they were. 200 miles on second set and they show a quite of bit of wear. Im running track loose and and have been staying in good snow most of the time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
just dropped my F5 at Action Sports this morning at 5:30.Ive been fighting the cable problem for 2 weeks. Found it last nite at 8:00 pm, doing test runs.They said they'll take care of me.Seems to be from high oil consumption problem, oil possibly backed down into cables, causing things to gum up ,especially with the cold weather lately.I'll find out about the new cables tonite. Had my oil pump reset to burn a quart in 150 miles.Love it!

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My wifes sled needs new slides-will do myself-arctic cats slides always wear fast, right where they start to curve and along that curve,up front.They basically reach a point of wear,and kind of stop,just have to keep an eye on them-when replacing them,and riding for first time,let them heat up,and then pull over and put a lot of snow on that curved area-cools them fast and supposed to temper them-some guys swear by this,others????????Just keep an eye on them,they wear fast in the beginning,just matters on snow conditions and keep your track on the looser side of adjustment specs

Yes falls action should take care of us-scott

·
Registered
102 Posts
AS far as the slides, I have been riding for years and know how to break them in. My track has 2 inches of deflection with no weight on it and I pulled into powder snow constantly. Going out to garage to check cables etc right now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts