Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My oil tank was topped off and the oil light came on after I had gone only 91 miles!!!! Has anyone else had this problem and if so what is the cure short of unplugging it!!! :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

·
Registered
320 Posts
The sending unit works the same as a gas tank gauge (one that is in the cap). If you want to you can adjust the bend on the twisted metal piece the float runs up and down around. Adjust the twist of the metal so that the float will move more towards the bottom of the tank before it causes the metal strip to twist, causing the switch to turn on the light. Be careful to make the bend gradual, otherwise the float could bind up on the shaft and the light will never come on! Check for freeplay of the float when light comes on at desired height.

·
Registered
921 Posts
My dealer says they are all like that. I'm just trying to keep mine full. I'm looking for an oil caddy for longer trips too. I see someone made one to fit a couple quarts down along side the chain case.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Mine flashes when I turn a corner, I have 80 miles on since I filled it last.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Mine turns on at about 90-100. The book says that It can go about a tank of gas with the oil light on. Whatever, just keep it full and fill it before everyride

·
Registered
46 Posts
F-7 oil light came on after I had filled the oil tank full. Any ideas? This has me worried? Could this indicate the machine is not getting oil? Is this common? Shut her down immediately, but I did not notice engine overheating or loss of power

·
Registered
320 Posts
Light only tells you when it is low on oil, not if it isn't getting any. Read my post earlier in this topic and check sending unit. Float might me stuck or wire could be loose somewhere.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
adjust the pump leaner. the oil pump should move after the throttle opens. you have to remove the y pipe to do this and need 10mm crows foot wrench or special cat tool. also read owners manual concerning when light comes on. it is informative.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts