Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living here in the midwest it has been very frustrating with the snow accumulations. I have had a chance to put some lake miles on and check me oil consumption. I have put 40 miles and used 1 1/2 cups of oil. This equates to about 106.4 miles per quart. Is this inline with other FCats?

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I used One gallon of oil,plus the full tank that the dealer gave it to me with,in 650 miles on my F5sp.That comes out to 108.333... per qt.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Tahoe32,redF5sp and any other F5 owners
Have you checked to see if your marks line up on the oil pump at WOT. I checked mine and the marks line up but my oil consumption, well I sucks!! I only put on about 120 miles this past Saturday and I used 7.5 gallons of gas and I can barely see the oil lin in the tank. Two weekends ago I put on about 400 miles and I used a gallon and a half. I haven't figured out the ratio but I don't think it's to good. Does anybody else have problems like this, any sugestion? With a little over 500 miles on my F5 this is the ONLY complaint I have. This sled rocks!!!!!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
I just got mine back from having the oil pump replaced. Ran 90 miles and used a quart of oil. Have your dealer run an oil consumption test to see if your pump is overworking

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I did check the oil pump settings,the marks lined up at idle but came up short at WOT.Turns out that I wasn't getting full WOT.I adjusted the throttle cable,now the oil pump marks line up and the slides open fully in the carbs.Just adjusted it before the last ride ,before the last ride the light was going on at 65-70 miles,now-after the adj. the light didnt start flashing until 95 miles,and it only took 3\4 of a quart.Seems to have helped but I was riding with some different people so the pace was a little different than I normally ride.I'll know more this week,and am hoping that the consumption has improved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts