Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have any suggestions on what Mod I can put on my F5 to help it pull harder off the line.

·
Registered
119 Posts
a clutch kit... i was lookin at a Black Magic clutch kit, and i hear Dakota performance has one also in progress

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
check for proper belt deflection . mine was out and needed a shim removed. my sled also had a helix changewhich did make the holshot better, but there is probably more improvement to go.

·
Registered
171 Posts
dont use black tragic they i dont know about there clutches but i know there moters are not to good for maching problems. i would go with D and D

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
Dana, I purposely PM'd F5SnoPro....So you wouldn't yell at me again!!!lol

There is definitely room for improvement. I am trying to get a hold of an f-5 to test. But like I said in my section. I am working with a manufacturer which will have a 5 to test and I will test and re-tune the f-7 kit to see if we can get more ..because more is always better.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Word of advice, don't buy a Black Magic clutch kit under any circumstances. I had one on my ZR 600 as well as the pipes, etc. No matter how I adjusted it it would always engage with a real sharp jolt. Wrecked the keyway on my jackshaft because of this and is probably a big contributer to my track coming apart. Also I beefed up my new jackshaft with a wider, thicker key so I would almost guess the crank will be the next part to not handle the load.

Hearthrob=Heartburn!

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
dan,
get in touch with me about the clutching, mine is better but i have collected more info, maybe we can take a day and try some more combinations?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Anyone else notice that their F5 is hard to get moving at first? Mine doesnt want to move very easy when first giving it gas-especially when cold. It acts like the track is froze or something when I know it's not because I took it out
of a heated garage. Track seems to be at the proper tension. Maybe it's just harder to push the new carbides in low snow.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
978 Posts
i got all black tragic on my 600, never goin with it again, i like D&D so MUCH BETTER... i guess the pipes and chip are alright but i hate the quiet can silencer now that i think of it

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
red,
how many miles on your 5 now? mine was toght for a while but seems great now, and the holeshot is way better but it will get better when its fine tuned along with the carbs low speed circut.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts