Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY F5 DID 101 MPH THE FIRST WEEKEND I HAD IT, NOW 1500 MILES LATER I CAN BARLEY MANAGE 90MPH ON THE SAME PEICE OF LAKE. I AM WONDERING HOW I CAN CHECK MY SERVO TO SEE IF IT IS WORKING PROPERLY AND IF ANYONE ELSE HAS ANY OTHER IDEAS. MY DEALER DOESN'T HAVE TIME TO CHECK IT OUT UNTIL THE END OF NEXT WEEK.

·
Registered
153 Posts
when mine starts actin up like that i just some new spark plugs on it...i've only changed mine once tho...i've got about 900 miles. haha everytime i race my friends they change their spark plugs right before so they can get full power but still cant beat me haha damn i feel like a badass!

·
Registered
35 Posts
check your servo motor and your pipe sensor. another thing that i ran into was my pipe was cracking underneath before the heat shield.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Originally posted by SNOPRO5@Mar 12 2003, 02:46 AM
when mine starts actin up like that i just some new spark plugs on it...i've only changed mine once tho...i've got about 900 miles. haha everytime i race my friends they change their spark plugs right before so they can get full power but still cant beat me haha damn i feel like a badass!
HA!

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I had the same problem. CLEAN YOUR APV's. Also check to make sure your powervalve cable are connected to the servo. Mine needed the APV's cleaned, my powervalve cables were not connected to the servo anymore, and also I needed a new pipe sensor. Before you go buy a new pipe sensor make sure it is just not dis-connected. It probably won't be unless you notice your Check Engine light is on. I did all that and my F5 is flying now

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ryan001, how did you know your pipe sensor was junk. I've had that damn engine light blinking on my 5 for 200 miles. It runs good, just blinking.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
SNODOGG - The engine light is on because:
1) Your powervalves are gummed up and need to be cleaned, ( you will notice a huge power gain when you do this)
2) The check engine light is on because your pipe sensor is garbage, OR BEFORE YOU BRING IT TO THE DEALER check the pipe sensor wire and follow it to where it plugs in to another wire. Make sure it didn't come unplugged because that is what causes the light to go on. If it is still plugged it and your light in on then you need a new pipe sensor. It take two seonds to change.

If you have more questions just ask! Hope this helps

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just called my dealer and the sensor is under warranty, so we'll get a new one thursday. He did say the trouble with the APV's and cable coming off is from tooo much oil getting in the way. I have yet to turn the pump down, but he did go on about it for sure.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Check your primary clutch for any binding.
Especially if it feels like its coming to too quick of a stop
when you let off the throttle.
If RPM is at or over 8000 its NOT the APVs
Also check track tension.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I had the same problem, I lost my top end,started checking and to my surprise my smart valve was collasped again!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I had the same problem, I lost my top end,started checking and to my surprise my smart valve was collasped again!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts