Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to Jet my F5 tomorrow. I am either going down to 370's or 360's. I mostly ride where the elevation is about 1500' and temperatures of 5 to 32 degrees. Any suggestions on 370's or 360's?

Also, are there any tips on doing this? Any difficult areas like the intake. Just looking for hints if there is a problem someone else ran into when doing this. Thanks.

·
Registered
544 Posts
ive changed my jets to 370s...im at sea level......i dont know and havent checked the chart for your temp and level..

but this is a suggestion

ive done it two ways
1. pulling the carbs off

2. tip the sled and pull off the skid plate-- maybe 10 torx screws and your at the bottom of the carbs...

it was not bad pulling the carbs off but i liked pulling the skid plate off better

·
Registered
227 Posts
I agree about doing it from the bottom :p it was much easier that way, I run the 360's at about the same level and temp's....Go with the 360's and you should be happy, good color on the plugs and piston domes.....

SNODOGG

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Hermanator and SnoDogg.

So, if I just pull the skid plate off I will be right there and don't need to remove the carbs?? Tip it on the clutch side right? Can you check WOT that way?

Hermanator,

How long did it take you when you pulled the carbs and how long going thru the skid plate?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts