Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an F5 sled was running good earlier in the year on hardpack running 96MPH, but last weekend when I finally got some miles on, top end did not seem to be there. Across a lake I was cruising about 70 went to hit it and it seemed to bog. Could only get 82 MPH @ 8050 RPM. Could this be the servo motor cables? Could somebody post some pictures of what needs to be done to the cables. I am an ex-Polaris rider and not used to the servo motors!

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
just pull cover off and see if they are hooked up first...Then raise rear and rev past 7000 and see if it opens them..Start from there..

·
Registered
340 Posts
Same thing happened with my F5. I took the servo cover off and sure enough one of the cables was disconnected.
(go to: www.brownsleisureworld.com for microfiche diagrams)

I reconnected the cable (what a tricky operation) and then covered the ends of the cables with RTV sealer to keep them in place.

I went out on a lake the same day and made a few warm up laps and then nailed. It ran like new and pulled hard but then it sputtered a bit and then bogged on acceleration. I figured the cable came off again so I took the cover off and inspected. The cables were still in place and the RTV looks like it did the job.

Turns out the mag side spark plug was fouled. Dont know why but I changed plugs and the Cat ran like a champ the rest of the day.

I f you do find your cables disconnected give them a tug and release to see if your valves are stuck. You can feel them move and return when you let go of the cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts