Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would I have to configure the wires on my F5 if I wanted all four light to be on at the same time?

Brandon

·
Registered
127 Posts
Let me elaborate...

Idealy the high beams would work as they do now (switch on and off with the toggle) but the low beams would remain on all the time. So when riding with the high beams you'd have all 4 lights.

Also, if this could be done would it cause a problem by drawing too much power?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
i posted that setup 3 montsh ago. Im gonna do it on mine this weekend. Ill post the results and electical schematics. The only problem is you might draw too much amperage but ill try it and see what happens.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Originally posted by rob@Feb 19 2003, 07:35 PM
don't try it on the F7 unless you want to have EFI low voltage problems.
Right, but does anyone know if it's possible on an F5?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Originally posted by rob@Feb 19 2003, 07:35 PM
don't try it on the F7 unless you want to have EFI low voltage problems.
good point rob ! that's why i diden't try it on my f-7. i just saw a post on here a while back about that :D

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
You can do it on an f7 as long as you dont consume tooo much power. to rund 2 head lamps it will consume 6 amps of power. the f7 has 4 amps of power left over. So to gain the extra 2 amps need, you cant run the hand warmers on high and / or not run a heated shield. Also some one suggested changing the brake lamp to a more effiecient LED.

·
Registered
236 Posts
should be fairly easy to do. A test light and some diodes is all you should need. I think. I havnt looked at the light wiring but i cant be rocket science. You would need the diodes so voltage will not back feed when switching to low beam.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Originally posted by new_catowner@Feb 19 2003, 11:52 PM
Hey boozer.if you toggle the high beam lever they all 4 stay on.it works i tried it on f5 :p

:huh: ;) I don't think so, unless you've modified the circuit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
anyone figure it out yet, there has to be a way to hook up wires, so all 4 are always on. my brother did it to his 440 sno pro, i'll ask him.

Brandon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts