Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looks like the f5's are down about 10 hp from advertised this is info I got from a big ac shop ( can't get any to dyno) and the dyno runs at the shoot out also show poor power. How is eveyones f5 running? The story I got was the cylinders are not up to par compared to the protos. The 440 sno pro's seem good but the f5 seems to be sick this year. The early racing has very little f5 news. I tend to believe the ac shop that told me this. This sucks as I just traded a 2002 zr500cc that ran strong and it looks like the f5 will fall short.

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
The only one I have seen down on power was at amsnow's shootout. The motor needs heat to build power. DDracing says it makes what was advertised, and I tend to beleave them more than a magazine!

·
Registered
236 Posts
My f-5 ran strong for stock and premix. Ran very close to a 03xc 600. Cant complain about that. Babied it for the first 50. Then opened it up. 95 is what i saw on the speedo.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
i had the same results as mb ! its very quick for a 500 , the mid range power makes your eyes water. it did need some fine tuning , but when the sled breaks in watch out !

·
Registered
282 Posts
I hope you guys are right. I pick up my F5 on wednesday and my dealer tells that it should outrun my 2000 zr700. Hope so.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Had mine out for the first time this weekend-220 miles,ran awesome-as far as comparing it to your 2002,there is none-how do i know this,i still own my 2001 zr500apv-the f5 will destroy it-i will race any 600 anywhere anytime!!!!!The most impressive thing about the f5 was the suspension,plain and simple was a work of art.I love this sled.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I put 180 miles on my F5 this past weekend and all I have to say is WOW! This sled rocks! It has great power for a 500, especially the midrange. A lot of these miles were still on the pre-mix and as it breaks in it keeps getting stronger.

Just as important as the power, the handling and ride is excellent. The suspension really is great whether just cruising or banging the power lines.

The only problems I had was the oil light flashing even when full and there is an oily mess under the hood. I dont think it's leaking oil-probably coming out the exhaust because of the extra oil.

My buddy with an MXZ 800 was even impressed. We were side by side on the trails up to about 55 mph then he pulled away. Thats where this sled shines-corner to corner on the trails. Thats where this sled will be hard to beat.

I'm not gonna lie and say this sled will beat every 600 and 700 out there because it won't. Thats not what this sled is all about -it's a great trail sled. If all you care about is top speed then drop more cash and buy the big iron.

If you beat a 600 smile and be happy. If you beat a 700 laugh and rub it in!
If you lose to either one (and at times you will- but not by a lot) just remember it's only a 500 and make sure you remind your opponent of that!

For pics and stories check out my Snowmobiles Clubs website @ www.hometown.aol.com/redfirecat03/laindex.html

·
Registered
65 Posts
Guys, it would have been nice if one of you could have used your sled for the AM shoot-out. Lots of bad publicity out of that one. Oh well, maybe this will help AC dedicate more energy on Quality control...... Question, how much more would you pay for a sled if it came with it's own dyno sheet? Hmmmm..

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
i owuld not pay any more ! it wont happen and besides all they have to do (any company) is photo copy the best sheet and hand that out with each sled, lol .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts