Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hear people saying not to get a sno pro with a big bore in it, so i was wondering if a f5 engine would work. do the big bore f5`s run on race or pump gas? i want a race chassis, since it would prolly be lighter, and stronger. and i`d get a sno pro with a big bore if it would run on the trails like nothing.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was interested in making a mod race sled, and it sounded like the big bores for the 440 weren`t very reliable, and the f7 was having all kinds of problems. but now i don`t think i have the money for it :( .

·
Registered
341 Posts
the 440 and F5 have different cranks. The F5 will hold up better to big bores due the increased reliability as a trail sled, where as the 440 is only meant to be ridden every weekend WOT.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a 02 SnoPro with a Black Magic 715 mod motor based on the 440. I raced Sport open Mod withit and trail rode it 1000 miles, runs awesome on pump gas, only issue was an oil pump failure. If you want an open Mod sell the F5 and buy a used open Mod after the race season you will save a lot of cash. If you go to the last races of the season (locally) you will see lots for sale, mine is for $5500. Most are in great shape even though they have been raced, as long as you take a good look at them. Ask when the shocks were last re-built and who did them, look at the tunnel for cracks or sighns of impact check the suspension components for cracks,bends..etc. I have loved the MOd on the trails with the gearing I only get about 90 top end but it rips your arms off getting there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts