Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well had 500 foot drag races again this weekend and did pretty good with the F5 again. I took a 2nd in the 440 to 500 mod class. And in the 500 to 600 class i came in third and beat 2 of the rev 600's but i really should have got a 1st or 2nd its usally u loose 2 times and your done well i only lost 1 time got a bad hole shot and they said it was my 2nd :angry: . but i still had fun ill tell you guys one thing gearing this down is the ticket for 500 feet man she gets there quick :p Oh and studs could have helped big time the snow was hard packed and i spun a little too much on the hole shot, there on order now though.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Let me in on what you did on that thing! My friend has a stock REV 600 and I would love to beat the snot out of it just because he constantly rags on arctic cat. Lets me know how much you weigh, what you did to it, everything! I gotta know, just to waste somebody that owns a new 600 with a little 500, that owuld be great!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to 44/18 gearing 2 grams heavier on the weights in the clutch with light tip red/white seconday spring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My brother has a 600 rev and my Dads friends has two f-5's. We raced on fourth lake and anywhere else we can in Old Forge. The F-5 has never beat the rev 600. The rev 600 also beats my other brothers MXZ 700. l love riding A/C but the rev 600 is a fast 600. No way f-5 is beating it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah way its not unbeatable you just need the right setup. And the guys i ran against are great with tuning there doo's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
you are right the set up is everything but, from the experience I had the rev 600 is faster than the f-5 and it should be. I want to see them race know after the rev 600 is worked. the same with the firecats.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes you are right the rev is all out a faster sled but the f5 may be a tad bit quicker up to 600 feet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'am Mpelch's brother with the Rev 600 h.o. Don't get me wrong the F5 is really fast for a 500...and compared to 500's of the past ...but the 600 is real Qucik...set-up is everything and can change day- to- day...The day I ran against the two f5's I smoked them 4-6 sleds and pulling away after 1000 ft... that was on stillwater res. in oldforge...now since then I'm clutched ...down a size on the mains...and got the weight transfer spot on...all of us were un-studded and were on a foot of packed snow...

·
Registered
41 Posts
The F5 would kill the rev 600 HO Same old mill they had in the 600 Adrenaline for 02. POOCH with long legs.
This is a true story, Last year my kid had a 01 Z 440 fan Snopro My buddy had his 02 Adrenaline 600. We where at a motocross track practicing for the race that weekend.
My buddy jumped on the track and was going to race my 13 year old kid with that big 600. Lined up^ dropped my hat, kid hole shots and was gone very twisty track with one area where you could pin it, The 600 was pulling up fast but too fast next turn Hit a tree, End of Race. I put my money on the F 5, and I think the F 5 is geard to low I would think the rev would have had him on the top?
Also watch that 18 gear, If its not a Polaris gear it WILL Break!

·
Registered
4 Posts
SnoXCat555-the 600 rev engine is different than the past 600 engines...maybe you should read up on it and get the facts straight. For starters, they increased the stroke along with different porting and different pistons.

Lets compare apples to apples here-if both sles were set up equally as well for a drag race the 600 h.o. would win. 18 or so more h.p. is the factor between the two sleds.

·
Registered
41 Posts
OkOk Sorry for not reading up on something I really don't give a dam about. But you have to agree that 02 600ho Adrenaline was a Joke! De-drenaline was more like it. :lol:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Pay special attention to what the man said: 500 feet. He is NOT saying that he's beating them in 1000' feet. 500 to 1000' is a TOTALLY different powerpand. YES the F5 is a missile in 500 feet.

ALSO, I have run againt about 20 Rev's so far this year and YET to see one hook up on any winter surface. Even the 800 REV with 244 picks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts